ilovepolarbears
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hey TSR! I’m very late to this, but I don’t think it matters tooooo much

about me:

16 years old and doing a levels (and a level 3)

needs to find some hobbies (hopefully TSR will help me with that) I stayed at my school for sixth form because the idea of moving with a whole load of new people just seems stressful, plus I like my teachers and subjects here so there’s really no point of moving

interests: nature, animals and technology

what I’m currently studying:

a level biology (ocr) – got a 7 at GCSE

a level geography (edexcel) – got a 7 at GCSE

level 3 cambridge technical IT (ocr) – got a 2* (9) at GCSE

predicted a B for biology and geography and a distinction for IT

how I’m finding my subjects so far…

biology

not gonna lie, its hard. I’m finding the fish and heart stuff wayy more interesting than biological molecules but I am interested for the future topics. I’m planning on improving my revision and note taking techniques at the moment. So far I have had 3 biology tests, and I haven’t passed any.. lets hope I pass one before the Christmas holidays

geography

both human and physical are good, though I tend to prefer human more at a level. I guess it’s because in physical we are currently doing the hydrological cycle (water cycle) so it isn’t as interesting to me as tectonic hazards, but we’ll see how it goes. I’ve passed one test and failed the other so far. but the lessons are fun and I do enjoy them. two weeks ago I went on my first fieldtrip to the London Docklands and it was actually pretty good

IT

fun and interesting to learn, good teachers, just really annoying classmates that won’t shut up and I occasionally get headaches. the class is bigger than my two a level classes but I am just being quiet and getting on with my work because I really want to get another distinction like I did at GCSE. I’ll let you know how the social issues go.

how I’m finding sixth form

yes, I actually do work in my “frees”, sometimes it’s homework or writing out notes or looking through the biology textbook with my friend.

even though I stayed at my sixth form, all of my closest friends left to go college. so I’ve been hanging out with these two people and they seem pretty cool. bad thing is, neither of them are in my lessons. in geography and biology I do make some small talk some people though.

what I want to do in the future

to be honest, I haven’t got a clue on exactly what I want to do. think I might do something to either do with geography (university) or IT (university or apprenticeship). my family and teachers will help me with that though

i’m planning to update this only on Sundays, as I’ll probably be busy on the weekdays, but I’ll update twice a week when the holidays come (Christmas holidays, can you hurry up please…)

hope you all have a great week and thank you for reading!! ♡

Q: what subjects are you doing for a levels?

(edit was correcting a typo)
Hazzabear
Last edited by ilovepolarbears; 4 weeks ago
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I’d love to be tagged in your next post! I’m studying Biology, Chemistry, French, and Latin right now, and I’m the same as you - pretty much anything is more interesting than biological molecules :laugh: I hope everything goes well on your next biology test!
ilovepolarbears
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QueenAelin)
Hi! I’d love to be tagged in your next post! I’m studying Biology, Chemistry, French, and Latin right now, and I’m the same as you - pretty much anything is more interesting than biological molecules :laugh: I hope everything goes well on your next biology test!
thank you, I'll definitely tag you in my next post! I hope all of your subjects are going well! and I cant wait to get biological molecules done with haha - my period 5 lesson is on it today and it's probably going to be more proteins
Ella2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there guys I am a second year A Level Biology student, studying Biology(of course), BTEC Psychology and BTEC IT. So if you need any advice, I can try to help you out with that! I am a failing student right now (the jump to A Level was bigger than I had expected-but don't let this put you off, just work hard this year!!) but I came out with a C as AS which isn't the best grade, but I feel okay about it, since I am not the most academically talented person. I also have a GYG discussion called 'GYG as a failing but determined Bio Student' if you were interested to see how things are as an A Level student!

P.S. I can agree with you both that biological molecules, is SO boring- I also find things relating to the body way more interesting. Good luck guys!
ilovepolarbears
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ella2002)
Hi there guys I am a second year A Level Biology student, studying Biology(of course), BTEC Psychology and BTEC IT. So if you need any advice, I can try to help you out with that! I am a failing student right now (the jump to A Level was bigger than I had expected-but don't let this put you off, just work hard this year!!) but I came out with a C as AS which isn't the best grade, but I feel okay about it, since I am not the most academically talented person. I also have a GYG discussion called 'GYG as a failing but determined Bio Student' if you were interested to see how things are as an A Level student!

P.S. I can agree with you both that biological molecules, is SO boring- I also find things relating to the body way more interesting. Good luck guys!
thanks for your advice!! I wish you the best of luck for year 13!
it would be great if you could tag me in your next GYG I loved reading it
Ella2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ilovepolarbears I'm glad it could have been of some use to someone! My week hasn't been too busy or stressful this week (thank god) but I am hoping to get another post up sometime this week if I have anything to do!! I will make sure to tag you in my next post (my memory is terrible so I am extremely sorry for the future if I do forget oops)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.08%
No I don't (62)
46.62%
I work during the holidays (27)
20.3%

Watched Threads