dia28273
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If so, how is it? Currently choosing a level subjects and I’m worried that my class will just be only boys + I’m worried about the difficulty of the subject
EmberPlayer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you’re good at maths then physics should be fine. Don’t worry. Just enjoy sixth form
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Honestly, being the only girl is fine.
sammy0205
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i'm one of two girls taking it in year 13, honestly it doesn't make a difference provided you're also taking A level maths as well, you'll be fine
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sadead3563)
If so, how is it? Currently choosing a level subjects and I’m worried that my class will just be only boys + I’m worried about the difficulty of the subject
I was one of 2 girls in a class of 20 - I always came top in tests
PepeTheFroggi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
if you enjoy the subject then its fine and interesting
my class has a few girls. around 6 including me. and its fine.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
I was one of 2 girls in a class of 20 - I always came top in tests
And just so you know where that can lead, about 1/3 of the undergrad Phyics intake at Imperial College are women, as is the current Head of Department.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/a...en-in-physics/
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
And just so you know where that can lead, about 1/3 of the undergrad Phyics intake at Imperial College are women, as is the current Head of Department.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/a...en-in-physics/
I'd avoid Imperial like the plague from the student satisfaction point of view -
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
I'd avoid Imperial like the plague from the student satisfaction point of view -
Hard to really benchmark NSS between univiersities however, how many students took the same UG course in two different instituions, and NSS also has well know biases, including pulling down all London institutions because students blame their uni for high private accomodation prices and the tube having the odd bad day.

Imperial is rather good on graduate salaries which suggests a tough course might have other benefits not being captured by students who are polled in the middle of finals exam season ....

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ge-on-earnings
EmberPlayer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m currently at doing my first year at imperial... I don’t think I would recommend imperial to anyone unless you’re ok with doing a minimum of 60+ hours of work a week just to keep up.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Hard to really benchmark NSS between univiersities however, how many students took the same UG course in two different instituions, and NSS also has well know biases, including pulling down all London institutions because students blame their uni for high private accomodation prices and the tube having the odd bad day.

Imperial is rather good on graduate salaries which suggests a tough course might have other benefits not being captured by students who are polled in the middle of finals exam season ....

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ge-on-earnings
It's the feedback on how they deal with students I don't like .... is a 'potential' high salary worth being unhappy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%