The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MISDI applications 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nikolia
Hey, I was accepted in that University 2 years ago and I was in a kind of same situation as I was waiting for the answer about the scholarship. I asked them to postpone that payment date and it worked. They postponed my initial payment for like 1.5 months.
I do not know if I was lucky or not, but if you have not tried yet, I would definitely ask them to postpone the payment if I were in your place.

I already emailed them asking for a postponement! Thanks!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey guys!

I just noticed that my transcript is at the bottom of the list (sc attached)
I was reading about the transcript myth - if the transcript goes down that you'll likely get in.
I still have details about the referees, e-mail included.
Attachment not found

How does the list look for you?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys!

I was reading about the transcript myth - if the transcript goes down that you'll likely get in.
Attachment not found

It seems the transcript drops for everyone (or for the majority of the applicants). I have read some guys saying they got waitlisted or rejected even with the dropped transcript. I believe that it means that they are reviewing your application or something similar. Hope you receive some great news mid January!
Reply 23
Hey guys!

Attachment not found

Hey,

Where did you see this? on graduate application tracker page?
Hey, I also applied to this program on early November and received the ID on Nov 6th, so it's already been around 6 weeks. Still, my transcript didn't drop yet. Not sure whether anyone applying on early November still saw their transcript on the middle of the list? I'm quite worried since I saw most applicants saw their transcript dropped just a few weeks after they received the ID. Thanks!!
My transcript dropped after 6-7 weeks after I applied
Oh so maybe mine will probably drop next year then. Thanks 🙏🙏
Reply 27
I got my offer today. I'm looking forward to chat with some offer holders and future colleagues!
Original post by gg2311
I got my offer today. I'm looking forward to chat with some offer holders and future colleagues!

Hi future classmate! My name is Alejandro and I'm from Santiago, Chile. Where are you from and what's your background? Hope to see you this year!
Reply 29
Original post by akellner
Hi future classmate! My name is Alejandro and I'm from Santiago, Chile. Where are you from and what's your background? Hope to see you this year

I sent you a PM. Offer holders, please contact me on private messages
Reply 30
Hello, is this thread still active? I received an offer for the MISDI last week which I accepted.
Reply 31
Original post by AK_98
Hi! How long did it take for them to send you an offer? They started my application on the 23rd of Feb and I still haven't heard back - really worried.

Applied on 6th Jan and got my ID on 27th Jan. MISDI was my second choice which they started considering 1 week later. Finally received an offer on 3rd April (Basically 2 months). Don't worry too much, 8 weeks has not yet passed for you.
Is there a facebook group for accepted MISDI students?
Reply 33
Is there a facebook group for accepted MISDI students?

Yes there is. Go to fb and search LSE MISDI. You will find a group there. They need your LSE ID before they can let you in. Drop me a message please, I'd like to say hello and meet some fellow students.
Reply 34
Original post by NikPS
Applied on 6th Jan and got my ID on 27th Jan. MISDI was my second choice which they started considering 1 week later. Finally received an offer on 3rd April (Basically 2 months). Don't worry too much, 8 weeks has not yet passed for you.

Just got a rejection. Thanks for all your help though :smile:
May I ask how long had you been waiting since the day you got the ID, or the day MISDI got updated on your LSE for you in case MISDI is not your first choice? Appreciate your reply in advance
Reply 36
Original post by Hennesseyz
May I ask how long had you been waiting since the day you got the ID, or the day MISDI got updated on your LSE for you in case MISDI is not your first choice? Appreciate your reply in advance

MISDI wasn't my first choice. So with that in mind, I waited 2 months for a response.
Oh thanks. Me too got rejected for my first and second choice, so I applied for MISDI as the third choice and it was updated on LseForYou at March.10, exactly two months ago. Hope I could get the response soon.
Original post by AK_98
Just got a rejection. Thanks for all your help though :smile:

Hi, when did u apply and how long did it take you to hear back? Good luck with your other applications!
Reply 39
Original post by abrarjunaid
Hi, when did u apply and how long did it take you to hear back? Good luck with your other applications!

I applied in late Feb (23rd Feb) and heard back on 23rd April.

Quick Reply

Latest