elisemcintyre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
my ucas application hasn’t been sent off yet but i’m already panicking....
my predicted grades are A*A*AA in maths, spanish chemistry and physics ( in order)
ive applied for:
physics with european language msci at nottingham (a*aa/aaa) - my DREAM course
physics msci at liverpool (abb)
physics mcsi at leeds (aaa)
physics msci at sheffield (aaa)
physics psci at kent (bbb)

please let me know what you think, i’m literally so anxious
avacados1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t see any reason why not as long as the rest of ur application is fine. That’s a great set of predicted grades.
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you mind stating your GCSEs? If not then please do so, so that I may judge this question better.
elisemcintyre
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaPregunta)
Do you mind stating your GCSEs? If not then please do so, so that I may judge this question better.

yeah i got 999999888A*AB
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elisemcintyre)
yeah i got 999999888A*AB
Amazin, you did really well! I have no doubt you will get offers. Have you considered perhaps applyin to some more distinguished universities? It may be that you like the courses at the universities you have chosen so if it is, I totally understand.
username5025266
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
weird flex but ok.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my predicted grades are A*A*AA in maths, spanish chemistry and physics ( in order)
ive applied for:

Why won't you get all 5 offers?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Offer rate calculator gives >90% for all of those courses. It's therefore virtually impossible that you won't get an offer from all 5. Apart from at the very top, it generally is not hard to get offers from universities at undergrad given you have the requisite grades. Meeting them however might not be so simple.
JamesAndrews1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ive applied for:

These grades are amazing. You should definitely think of applying to a more competitive uni. You stand a good chance of getting in. Good luck.
username5010160
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ive applied for:

LMAO get rid of that anxiety now because you've definitely got places. I'd be surprised if you didn't get all 5 offers.
elisemcintyre
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaPregunta)
Amazin, you did really well! I have no doubt you will get offers. Have you considered perhaps applyin to some more distinguished universities? It may be that you like the courses at the universities you have chosen so if it is, I totally understand.
i almost applied to cambridge but i decided a more prestigious uni isnt right for me, i think the application process would be too hard and i really cant see myself getting in, also i just don’t think i would fit in somewhere like that
username3754758
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i almost applied to cambridge but i decided a more prestigious uni isnt right for me, i think the application process would be too hard and i really cant see myself getting in, also i just don’t think i would fit in somewhere like that
Maybe looking at better uni ranking for physics. Like maybe u shouldve tried imperial cos like they are top ten and plus they r in london btw idk where ur from and if u wanna live out. But with those grades i think u should get all offers cos my mate has similar grades and he wants to do computer science and has already got a few offers. I hope that gives u a bit more confidence aha.
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well do have a look at University of Bath and University College London - they have good reputations for sciences.

I think it's good that you didn't choose your universities based on "league tables". Pick somewhere you know you will be comfortable and enjoy the course AND will not feel swamped by the work.

Very well done! I hope I have the privilege of speakin to you again in the future.
Last edited by LaPregunta; 1 year ago
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Kent will probably fall of their chair when they see your application

As above, it makes sense to only apply to places that you like and would be happy to attend for 3-4yrs, but I would recommend that you include one or two more aspirational places. You are shooting very low with those predictions.

You never know, you might fall for somewhere else after attending an offer holder open day.
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Kent will probably fall of their chair when they see your application

As above, it makes sense to only apply to places that you like and would be happy to attend for 3-4yrs, but I would recommend that you include one or two more aspirational places. You are shooting very low with those predictions.

You never know, you might fall for somewhere else after attending an offer holder open day.
Aren't Nottingham / Liverpool / Leeds pretty good unis though? Especially Liv / Leeds. (Basing this on what I saw for my undergrad, might be different for this course - just curious as to why everyone things this is aiming low!)
JamesAndrews1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by boods8897)
Aren't Nottingham / Liverpool / Leeds pretty good unis though? Especially Liv / Leeds. (Basing this on what I saw for my undergrad, might be different for this course - just curious as to why everyone things this is aiming low!)
They r really good unis but applying to another top uni that's even better (ranked better) than these by dropping Kent or Sheffield wouldn't hurt as the OP has good predicted grades. Just trying to encourage them to aim higher as they probably can achieve it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (303)
55.6%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.4%

Watched Threads