The Student Room Group

Acceptance to ICL (civil engineer)

Hello,
I’m looking forward to apply in civil engineering at ICL.
1)Is there any administration tests to take for the course?
2)If there is , What are they?
3)do I have to take a foundation year because it says on the website that “civil engineering courses do not accept UCL UPCSE not Warwick IFP science and Engineering applications”. What do they meant by that.
I am really grateful if I can get a quick answer to all my questions.
Original post by Abrar_9aleh
Hello,
I’m looking forward to apply in civil engineering at ICL.
1)Is there any administration tests to take for the course?
2)If there is , What are they?
3)do I have to take a foundation year because it says on the website that “civil engineering courses do not accept UCL UPCSE not Warwick IFP science and Engineering applications”. What do they meant by that.
I am really grateful if I can get a quick answer to all my questions.

1)/2) I can't see any admissions tests on the website, can you?

3) The UCL UPCSE and the Warwick IFP programmes are foundation courses for international students run by UCL and Warwick universities. Imperial don't accept them.

Do your qualifications meet Imperial's requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
1)/2) I can't see any admissions tests on the website, can you?

3) The UCL UPCSE and the Warwick IFP programmes are foundation courses for international students run by UCL and Warwick universities. Imperial don't accept them.

Do your qualifications meet Imperial's requirements?

Honestly it would be great if there isn’t admission test because I also didn’t see that they do have tests .
Then what do imperial accept or is there no foundation year for civil engineering .
I do meet imperial requirements , it’s just the admission test and foundation year are complicated. I’m also an international student
(edited 4 years ago)
Honestly it would be great if there isn’t admission test because I also didn’t see that they do have tests .
Then what do imperial accept or is there no foundation year for civil engineering .
I do meet imperial requirements , it’s just the admission test and foundation year are complicated. I’m also an international student

You only need a foundation year if your qualifications aren't good enough.
Reply 4
You only need a foundation year if your qualifications aren't good enough.

DE50186E-D4B3-4794-9D37-36D168747C65.jpg.jpeg

You see there isn’t a foundation year ?
DE50186E-D4B3-4794-9D37-36D168747C65.jpg.jpeg

You see there isn’t a foundation year ?

I don't understand your question.

What qualifications do you have?
Reply 6
I don't understand your question.

What qualifications do you have?

I have a really high score at highschool but I am an international student. I have got a 6.5 ielts score. But the only problem is I don’t know what A levels are and I think I need a foundation year for it but there isn’t a foundation year as you can see .so I don’t know what to do in order to get in.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have a really high score at highschool but I am an international student. I have got a 6.5 ielts score. But the only problem is I don’t know what A levels are and I think I need a foundation year for it but there isn’t a foundation year as you can see .so I don’t know what to do in order to get in.

You aren't giving enough information. You are an international applicant but from where? What are you studying? What qualifications do you have or are going to get?

IELTS average of 6.5 is good enough for ICL but you need each part to be at least 6.0. Is that the case?
Reply 8
You aren't giving enough information. You are an international applicant but from where? What are you studying? What qualifications do you have or are going to get?

IELTS average of 6.5 is good enough for ICL but you need each part to be at least 6.0. Is that the case?

Okay I’m an international student from Saudi arabia . I just graduated from highschool so I’m not studying anything. I would love to study civil engineering at imperial .I have all the qualifications except the A-level thingy . From what I understood that I am supposed to take a foundation year but as you can see the photo that I sent says that there isn’t a foundation year for civil engineering.
Okay I’m an international student from Saudi arabia . I just graduated from highschool so I’m not studying anything. I would love to study civil engineering at imperial .I have all the qualifications except the A-level thingy . From what I understood that I am supposed to take a foundation year but as you can see the photo that I sent says that there isn’t a foundation year for civil engineering.

The photo doesn't say that. It says that those 2 specific foundation courses at other universities are not acceptable for Civil Engineering at ICL.

For Saudi Arabian qualifications you need to contact the admissions team:

[email protected]*or +44 (0)20 7594 7243
The photo doesn't say that. It says that those 2 specific foundation courses at other universities are not acceptable for Civil Engineering at ICL.

Thank you , I’ll make sure to contact them

I sent them an email . They just sent me an automatic email. How can I get them to answer my questions?
I sent them an email . They just sent me an automatic email. How can I get them to answer my questions?

They will in time. Alternatively phone them up.
Okay I’m an international student from Saudi arabia . I just graduated from highschool so I’m not studying anything...I have all the qualifications except the A-level thingy .

On the issue of your qualifications, do you just have the Tawjihiyah or other qualifications such as the IB or AP?
On the issue of your qualifications, do you just have the Tawjihiyah or other qualifications such as the IB or AP?

What’s Tawjihiyah? I don’t have IB not AP

5583E5D4-10F6-4F8E-921C-DCA34DAE5834.jpg.jpeg

I also contacted them through Twitter. And that’s their reply I guess the only way I can get in to civil engineering is through A-levels or doing international Baccalaureate? Which unfortunately I didn’t . So there isn’t a Chance for me
What’s Tawjihiyah? I don’t have IB not AP

The Saudi high school certificate.
5583E5D4-10F6-4F8E-921C-DCA34DAE5834.jpg.jpeg

I also contacted them through Twitter. And that’s their reply I guess the only way I can get in to civil engineering is through A-levels or doing international Baccalaureate? Which unfortunately I didn’t . So there isn’t a Chance for me

Try other universities.
Try other universities.

Other universities 😳 I’m going to try another major

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending