The Student Room Group

Why are the ugliest guys in a relationship with the prettiest girls?

By ugly I mean inside and out. Lemme know what ya'll think :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Ugly and pretty is subjective
Because the hottest guys tend to sleep around.
Original post by Anonymous
Because the hottest guys tend to sleep around.

Those who are shallow and pathetic yes, that’s what sleeping around is

In my experience, this is not overly common, but it does happen.

Part of the reason it's not common is that there aren't that many men around that are ugly on the outside and the inside.

It's also possible that what you think is ugly on the inside of some people, isn't ugly to the person that loves them.
For example you may feel that differing political views to yours makes someone ugly on the inside, whilst to others it'd be neutral or a positive.

Where the man is genuinely ugly on the inside, it just goes to show that beauty does not gaurantee that you will make the right decisions.

Plus it's common for people to put on their best behaviour at the start of a relationship and to reveal their true spots as the honeymoon period wears off. The innocent party can then feel trapped in the relationship for various reasons, including fearing for their safety if they were to leave.

The relationship section of this forum is littered with threads from people that should leave their relationship, but haven't. I have no idea how good looking they are (nor whether they are making the whole thing up). But I think that it would be reasonable to assume that a proportion of them are beautiul young women that are somewhat stuck in relationships with men with major personality flaws.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5

You're just a Nice Guy™ who wants the best for the girls, right?
As @student342 said, "attractiveness" is subjective. What you consider "ugly" could be considered "hot" to someone else, and what you consider "pretty" could be considered "meh" to someone else.
Original post by Greywolftwo

not always, some people want experiences. as long as both people know that, then I'd say it's ok.
Original post by aciana
not always, some people want experiences. as long as both people know that, then I'd say it's ok.

Eh not really, I mean this is what I don’t understand, why are women called sluts and whores for sleeping around while men are hailed as champs? The whole idea of sleeping around a lot I disagree with and is unclean
Eh not really, I mean this is what I don’t understand, why are women called sluts and whores for sleeping around while men are hailed as champs? The whole idea of sleeping around a lot I disagree with and is unclean

There are differences between the sexes and what people expect from men and women even if people try and deny it. You could also say how the situation/crime is treated differently between a 30 year old teacher and 16 year old student depending on the genders.

I wouldn't quite put it like that.

Virtually all men want to sleep around when they are young. They don't want to be tied down. That's partly why an age gap between men and women is so common and lopsided.

A 6'5 muscular guy with good looks has no end of options to sleep around; uglier guys have little choice - if a hot girl shows an interest in them, turning it into a relationship is the only way for them to reliably have sex with a hot girl.

I don't think hot guys are shallow and pathetic; guys our age (students) are usually just not looking to be tied down just yet, while girls are much more willing to enter a relationship.
I wouldn't quite put it like that.

Virtually all men want to sleep around when they are young. They don't want to be tied down. That's partly why an age gap between men and women is so common and lopsided.

A 6'5 muscular guy with good looks has no end of options to sleep around; uglier guys have little choice - if a hot girl shows an interest in them, turning it into a relationship is the only way for them to reliably have sex with a hot girl.

I don't think hot guys are shallow and pathetic; guys our age (students) are usually just not looking to be tied down just yet, while girls are much more willing to enter a relationship.

Well I have absolutely no interest in sleeping around, I’d be looking for a proper relationship
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Drewski

Lmao I thought this too. OP sounds jelly af
Original post by Drewski

No that’s me
Original post by Drewski

Sis I’m deadass a girl lmfaooo
Everyone's standard of beauty is different. What's ugly to you may be pretty to them and besides, it's not about the looks. The hottest guy could be the biggest prick in the world and the 'ugliest' girl in the world could have the best personality but no one wants to get to know her because she's deemed to be not attractive enough to warrant male attention. and vice versa - don't judge until you get to know them

I often ask myself the same question. I’m not best looking guy at there but I’ve seen uglier guys than me that are with good looking girls. You low young naive stupid girls are attractive to the bad boys.

Referring to those who enjoy a varied sex life as sad and pathetic says more about your own limited sexual success that it does about people who are having more fun than you.
Original post by Kitten in boots
Referring to those who enjoy a varied sex life as sad and pathetic says more about your own limited sexual success that it does about people who are having more fun than you.

I’m religiously abstinent though
Original post by Kitten in boots

I really don’t care one bit about your opinion

Quick Reply