The Student Room Group

75% Attendance

is 75% attendance at uni acceptable? will i get pulled up about it? i am a first year and i know some people who haven't been in for weeks (im talking like 4 weeks) and i usually only miss about 2 hours a week, mainly because ive been ill but sometimes because i do not learn from the lecture/seminar. I go to salford uni btw
Original post by Anonymous
is 75% attendance at uni acceptable? will i get pulled up about it? i am a first year and i know some people who haven't been in for weeks (im talking like 4 weeks) and i usually only miss about 2 hours a week, mainly because ive been ill but sometimes because i do not learn from the lecture/seminar. I go to salford uni btw

The formal answer is probably something along the lines of 'you're expected to attend all your scheduled sessions'. In real life, no-one has 100% attendance, and I would have thought that unless attendance is strictly monitored because of requirements of external bodies, 75% isn't something to worry too much about.
Can't you get someone to sign you in? Or give someone you trust your clicker (if that is what your university uses)? 75% is not terrible per say, but don't give them a reason to kick you out.
Reply 3
Original post by maachu_pichuu
Can't you get someone to sign you in? Or give someone you trust your clicker (if that is what your university uses)? 75% is not terrible per say, but don't give them a reason to kick you out.

Some people have tried to do that and the tutors have caught on unfortunately, however i haven't personally tried it :')
Some people have tried to do that and the tutors have caught on unfortunately, however i haven't personally tried it :')

No one can catch you if the lecture theatre is big enough, it's more of a problem if you are in a class. You can always just sign in and then leave after 2 minutes, no one is forcing you to stay. I used to bunk a lot of lectures, since once you fell behind there was no point in attending the other ones since they required knowledge from the first lecture.

Me and my friends would sign in and then just go and play fifa/smoke shisha and revise the notes. You don't need a lecturer to read off the board for you, it's often easier to study yourself.

Obviously OP the best thing to do is to keep up with work and attend lectures, but it doesn't always work for people. Then I suggest you use the time you bunked the lecture to read the notes and do the tutorials.

Imean in secondary school/college/sixth form it is unacceptable to have below 90% attendance (even if you have crappy teachers and learn better at home) :s-smilie:
Original post by 1st superstar
Imean in secondary school/college/sixth form it is unacceptable to have below 90% attendance (even if you have crappy teachers and learn better at home) :s-smilie:

I know, but this is university and OP can pretty much sign into a lecture and then walk out after 2 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending