The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Can someone tell me more about Durham Uni

Can someone tell me more about Durham i.e. places to go, nightlife etc as I am applying to go there next year
Reply 1
Original post by Liana Moore
Can someone tell me more about Durham i.e. places to go, nightlife etc as I am applying to go there next year

Currently in the uni library procrastinating so I think I'm qualified to answer:colone:. I'll copy and paste something I answered for a similar question:

" So the night life here is pretty decent albeit not extremely busy like a city. There are usually things going on for students in the week and the nightclubs are alright(klute is pretty tragic though imo). You can also go to Newcastle if you want some big city nightlife, I know there are people who go often.

Apart from going out, there are also a hell of a lot of societies in the student union and (in hild bede(my college)) lots in college, so you should be able to find something you are interested in"

I don't really know what you mean by places to go, could you clarify?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mabey
Currently in the uni library procrastinating so I think I'm qualified to answer:colone:. I'll copy and paste something I answered for a similar question:

" So the night life here is pretty decent albeit not extremely busy like a city. There are usually things going on for students in the week and the nightclubs are alright(klute is pretty tragic though imo). You can also go to Newcastle if you want some big city nightlife, I know there are people who go often.

Apart from going out, there are also a hell of a lot of societies in the student union and (in hild bede(my college)) lots in college, so you should be able to find something you are interested in"

I don't really know what you mean by places to go, could you clarify?

like cafe's, also want to know what the sport societies are like as I love playing rugby, hockey and football
Reply 3
Original post by Liana Moore
like cafe's, also want to know what the sport societies are like as I love playing rugby, hockey and football

Ah okay! Durham has loads of cafes, and lots of really good ones too. Honestly if you google "best cafes in durham", the list is pretty accurate from my experience.

As for sports, you can compete on the college level and the university level. There are usually lots of different levels of teams, hild bede football for example has 8 teams, so you should be able to find levels of play you are comfortable with. I know some uni level sports have 5 different levels as well so you can play against other unis if that's your thing. This website should have some more information https://www.teamdurham.com/

Quick Reply

Latest