The Student Room Group

My girlfriend said she wants to be single any uni

We were in a relationship for 2years almost, we had a life planned out, she didn’t want to move to uni because of me she was in tears for days about leaving me when she had to go uni, and we would text every day every morning and every night then two months past we had a few arguments and she said to me so bluntly that she was too young to do a long distance relationship and that she felt I was holding her back for her uni life and that she Didn’t want to be in a relationship.
You need to find somebody closer. If she isn’t mature enough for a long distance relationship you need somebody who’s gonna be dedicated to you no matter what
Honestly I’m not gonna lie to you, single life at this age is the best way to go. I’m in my first year of uni now and honestly I don’t think I could handle a relationship. Firstly because I’m too young to be thinking about my future; I don’t wanna be thinking about marriage or kids when I haven’t even sorted out my career yet. Secondly, I’m just having too much fun to have to worry about someone else when I’m still spending so much time worrying about myself. Like if I meet someone and I like them then I am open to a relationship but I’m gonna be in uni for 3 years and these 3 years are supposed to be the best years of my life. The last time I was in a relationship I just felt like he was holding me back and I just wasn’t being myself because I was too scared of upsetting him. She’s gonna be meeting so many new people in uni and the truth is that she’s probably gonna be tempted with other guys anyway even if yous stay together. I’m sorry to say it but the truth hurts.
She's definitely right. Best to separate before uni.
She was clearly unwilling to do an LDR. That is - she clearly didn't care enough about the relationship to make an LDR work or she wanted the physical contact.

LDRs are perfectly possible at any age. They don't "hold you back" any more than other relationships. (fwiw I hate this perspective)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I’m not gonna lie to you, single life at this age is the best way to go. I’m in my first year of uni now and honestly I don’t think I could handle a relationship. Firstly because I’m too young to be thinking about my future; I don’t wanna be thinking about marriage or kids when I haven’t even sorted out my career yet. Secondly, I’m just having too much fun to have to worry about someone else when I’m still spending so much time worrying about myself. Like if I meet someone and I like them then I am open to a relationship but I’m gonna be in uni for 3 years and these 3 years are supposed to be the best years of my life. The last time I was in a relationship I just felt like he was holding me back and I just wasn’t being myself because I was too scared of upsetting him. She’s gonna be meeting so many new people in uni and the truth is that she’s probably gonna be tempted with other guys anyway even if yous stay together. I’m sorry to say it but the truth hurts.

I’m just so confused because when I was ever with her I felt the need to make her feel on top of the world I never held her back for doing anything n I supported ever decision she made, I’m just confused to as why within two months she has already chosen other people over me
Sorry, man. Your girlfriend was honest and I think she did the right thing based on her mindset, though.
Reply 7
I’m just so confused because when I was ever with her I felt the need to make her feel on top of the world I never held her back for doing anything n I supported ever decision she made, I’m just confused to as why within two months she has already chosen other people over me

Because she's realised there's a whole world out there.

Happens every year to hundreds of kids. It's called growing up.

She will think the grass is greener on that side, drop her and find someone who want to be with you, she's probably wants to sleep around
She wants a ride on the **** carousel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending