The Student Room Group

equivalent to a high school

Hello is having 2 IGCSE's
1 - Business Studies
2 - English as a second Language

and 1 AS Level
1 - Psychology

can these certificates all together be considered equivalent to completion a Canadian high school degree?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by raffi111
Hello is having 2 IGCSE's
1 - Business Studies
2 - English as a second Language

and 1 AS Level
1 - Psychology

considered as a high school degree?

No such thing as a "High School Degree" in the UK, do you mean "graduating highschool" in the US or something else ? In the UK degrees must be awarded by a properly accredited University.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
No such thing as a "High School Degree" in the UK, do you mean "graduating highschool" in the US or something else ? In the UK degrees must be awarded by a properly accredited University.

OK sorry what i meant was i want to have the equivalency of high school completion in Canada, so i can find entry level jobs in Canada rather then finding university,
I completed 1 IGCSE subject of business, so in addition to that, i want to see, if having 2 more AS Levels subjects would get me Canadian high school equivalency.

i read on the web.. 5 IGCSE's are the equivalent of US high school graduation, ( not sure about Canada) but the problem is in my country some subjects are not available in IGCSE but rather AS level. my goal is to have high school graduation equivalent of Canada.

o and thanks for the info.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by raffi111
OK sorry what i meant was i want to have the equivalency of high school completion in Canada, so i can find entry level jobs in Canada rather then finding university,
I completed 1 IGCSE subject of business, so in addition to that, i want to see, if having 2 more AS Levels subjects would get me Canadian high school equivalency.

i read on the web.. 5 IGCSE's are the equivalent of US high school graduation, ( not sure about Canada) but the problem is in my country some subjects are not available in IGCSE but rather AS level. my goal is to have high school graduation equivalent of Canada.

Ok, thanks for the context. Sorry, not my area of experties but perhaps a Canadian will be along in a bit to add a bit of local detail.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Ok, thanks for the context. Sorry, not my area of experties but perhaps a Canadian will be along in a bit to add a bit of local detail.

Ok, well is it possible to know if 2 AS levels and 1 IGCSE, could be considered as an equivalent to high school graduation in UK Standards?.

Quick Reply

Latest