The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan & withdrawing from uni

Hello to keep things simple I have came to the conclusion that university isn’t for me and will be withdrawing very soon. What will happen with the maintenance loan (received in September) I know I will withdraw from uni this month November so the second payment in January will not be made therefore no overpayment, will I have to pay back the first maintenance loan payment that I received for the first term in the same way tuition fee loan is paid (earning over £25k) or not.

Thank you (p.s really confuses could do with advice although I’ve only spent £50 of my £1100 first payment maintenance loan)
Original post by Paul679
Hello to keep things simple I have came to the conclusion that university isn’t for me and will be withdrawing very soon. What will happen with the maintenance loan (received in September) I know I will withdraw from uni this month November so the second payment in January will not be made therefore no overpayment, will I have to pay back the first maintenance loan payment that I received for the first term in the same way tuition fee loan is paid (earning over £25k) or not.

Thank you (p.s really confuses could do with advice although I’ve only spent £50 of my £1100 first payment maintenance loan)

Hi,

When you leave the course the university send us a withdrawal notification. They'll tell us the fee they are charging and the last day you attended. We'll use this information to adjust your Tuition Fee Loan accordingly and reassess your Maintenance Loan funding. We'll look at how much funding you were entitled to receive up until the point you left the course. This may mean we have overpaid you and this overpayment would need to be returned as soon as possible. The funding you were entitled to receive would be repaid in the normal way. You'd enter repayments the April following you leaving the course.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest