?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what's the difference??
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Medical physics in general, the application of physics concepts, theories, and methods to medicine or healthcare

medical imaging is the technique and process of creating visual representations of the interior of a body for clinical analysis and medical intervention, as well as visual representation of the function of some organs or tissues (physiology)

although similar I think medical physics is more general whereas medical physics is focused on a more specific area

(Original post by csmlady)
what's the difference??
csmlady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForestShadow)
Medical physics in general, the application of physics concepts, theories, and methods to medicine or healthcare

medical imaging is the technique and process of creating visual representations of the interior of a body for clinical analysis and medical intervention, as well as visual representation of the function of some organs or tissues (physiology)

although similar I think medical physics is more general whereas medical physics is focused on a more specific area
OHH I see, so medical imaging is for like radiographers and stuff??
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
OHH I see, so medical imaging is for like radiographers and stuff??
to be honest I only did biology to A level and was googling rough definitions to help you get a start on it

Im not sure much further myself haha but thought I'd answer some unanswered threads ! :

but yes Im pretty sure that is correct
csmlady
Rep:
?
to be honest I only did biology to A level and was googling rough definitions to help you get a start on it

Im not sure much further myself haha but thought I'd answer some unanswered threads ! :

but yes Im pretty sure that is correct
ok cool! I want to do maths, physics, and biology, do u think these are good enough for med phys?
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ok cool! I want to do maths, physics, and biology, do u think these are good enough for med phys?
if you mean for A level yes those are strong choices and logically the 3 most relevant ones

I dont think youll need further maths or an essay subject but check the specific requirements and recommendations of subject combinations on specific universities you might be interested in by looking at their course pages unless youre still at GCSE level then that might be a bit early haha
csmlady
Rep:
?
if you mean for A level yes those are strong choices and logically the 3 most relevant ones

I dont think youll need further maths or an essay subject but check the specific requirements and recommendations of subject combinations on specific universities you might be interested in by looking at their course pages unless youre still at GCSE level then that might be a bit early haha
I am at GCSE level lol but I think ahead 😆
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am at GCSE level lol but I think ahead 😆
thats good of you to think so far ahead but remember course requirements or structures could change or new universities may also offer the course you want too so keep an open mind but those subjects are good so far

also you can speak to your career leader or head of sixth form for further advice
csmlady
Rep:
?
thats good of you to think so far ahead but remember course requirements or structures could change or new universities may also offer the course you want too so keep an open mind but those subjects are good so far

also you can speak to your career leader or head of sixth form for further advice
yeah definitely, I don't think we have a career leader though? I'm not sure... and no idk who the head of sixth form is tbh lol but thanks 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (285)
46.72%
No (70)
11.48%
I'm not old enough (255)
41.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed