The Student Room Group

examine the significance for religion of miracles as violations of natural law

I need ideas and structure please...I am struggling
Reply 1
Moses parting the red sea violates the law of gravity. Abraham slaughtering his son and it was switched with a lamb violates law of physics. Jesus turns water to wine, resurrects the dead. Mary is a virgin mother: law of nature and biology
Original post by Syn2189
Moses parting the red sea violates the law of gravity. Abraham slaughtering his son and it was switched with a lamb violates law of physics. Jesus turns water to wine, resurrects the dead. Mary is a virgin mother: law of nature and biology

Why is it significant they violate natural law? What was god's intention of making this violation?
Reply 3
Original post by aciana
Why is it significant they violate natural law? What was god's intention of making this violation?

There could be a number of reasons. From a religious perspective you would argue that Gods power goes beyond the laws of nature. Its significant these miracles violate these laws to prove that 1. Gods abilities are greater than those he created on earth and 2. The ones who carried out the miracles (I.e. Moses etc) were truly sent by God, as is apparent through their ability to perform miracles with Gods power, as at the time, there were many people around claiming to be sent from God but weren't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending