examine the significance for religion of miracles as violations of natural law Watch

YellowCookies
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need ideas and structure please...I am struggling
Syn2189
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Moses parting the red sea violates the law of gravity. Abraham slaughtering his son and it was switched with a lamb violates law of physics. Jesus turns water to wine, resurrects the dead. Mary is a virgin mother: law of nature and biology
aciana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Syn2189)
Moses parting the red sea violates the law of gravity. Abraham slaughtering his son and it was switched with a lamb violates law of physics. Jesus turns water to wine, resurrects the dead. Mary is a virgin mother: law of nature and biology
Why is it significant they violate natural law? What was god's intention of making this violation?
Syn2189
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aciana)
Why is it significant they violate natural law? What was god's intention of making this violation?
There could be a number of reasons. From a religious perspective you would argue that Gods power goes beyond the laws of nature. Its significant these miracles violate these laws to prove that 1. Gods abilities are greater than those he created on earth and 2. The ones who carried out the miracles (I.e. Moses etc) were truly sent by God, as is apparent through their ability to perform miracles with Gods power, as at the time, there were many people around claiming to be sent from God but weren't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Do you work while at uni?