Why are my tuition payments blocked? Watch

HellKnight
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I applied to Student Finance as a child of a European Migrant Worker for my first year (received both tuition and maintenance), and I did the same for my second year. I had to send evidence that my father worked in September, so I ended up sending his monthly payslip in October. However, even though SF told me that they had received my parent's evidence, all of my payments (both tuition and maintenance) are still blocked.

When I last called, they told me that it takes 25 working days to process (which meant that I would get an answer on 8 November). However, the day has already passed and my payments are still blocked. I tried calling today after uni but as it turns out, the Migrant Worker Office closes at 3 pm.

I understand why the maintenance loan and grant are blocked but why the tuition? If I had applied just as a European student, my tuition would be approved without the maintenance so I am curious as to why these payments are blocked.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HellKnight)
I applied to Student Finance as a child of a European Migrant Worker for my first year (received both tuition and maintenance), and I did the same for my second year. I had to send evidence that my father worked in September, so I ended up sending his monthly payslip in October. However, even though SF told me that they had received my parent's evidence, all of my payments (both tuition and maintenance) are still blocked.

When I last called, they told me that it takes 25 working days to process (which meant that I would get an answer on 8 November). However, the day has already passed and my payments are still blocked. I tried calling today after uni but as it turns out, the Migrant Worker Office closes at 3 pm.

I understand why the maintenance loan and grant are blocked but why the tuition? If I had applied just as a European student, my tuition would be approved without the maintenance so I am curious as to why these payments are blocked.
It's very hard to say based on the limited information we have. You mentioned you had sent your father's October payslip - are you sure that 25 working days have passed? You really do need to speak to your student finance provider to see what the delay is.
HellKnight
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
It's very hard to say based on the limited information we have. You mentioned you had sent your father's October payslip - are you sure that 25 working days have passed? You really do need to speak to your student finance provider to see what the delay is.
I sent the September payslip at the start of October. I just called Student Finance and I have just found out they need more evidence. Do I really need to wait an extra 25 working days for them to process the next 2 pieces of evidence?
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HellKnight)
I sent the September payslip at the start of October. I just called Student Finance and I have just found out they need more evidence. Do I really need to wait an extra 25 working days for them to process the next 2 pieces of evidence?
Yes. You'll need to follow their processes, there is little point in fighting this. They are incredibly busy so they advise these timelines because that is what is realistic for them unfortunately.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (89)
18.86%
Labour (234)
49.58%
Liberal Democrats (62)
13.14%
Green Party (28)
5.93%
Brexit Party (6)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.64%
SNP (10)
2.12%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.64%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.27%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)