The Student Room Group

How to Write my personal statement for Business And Japanese?

So i am applying for different joint honour degrees. And they are Business and Japanese or Politics and Japanese

Business and Japanese is my 1st option
But Poltics and Japanese is 2nd.

So how do i write a statement for these two different joint honor courses. How do i lay it out? How many stanzas? And how long does it need to be?
Yes. it, your PS, needs to generate a complete sense of dedication and at least fake a genuine enthusiasm and passion for Japanese. No, not just Manga, [Kuniyoshi cats might work] but already a working knowledge (or claimed working knowledge of as many of the first 46 hiragana & katakana symbols as possible) Previous or planned trips to Japan would be worth mentioning a lot more than Anime, [studio Ghibli treated reverently might just be mentionable] - then a line or two about - to broaden your degree, you are considering ether Business or Politics, but in either case you would elect to take both business and politics related modules where possible from within your eventual degree choices, so it would end-up being more or less the same path anyway. (-ish?)

Unless you're applying to the Oriental Institute at Oxford, then tell them about all the serious books that you have read of dusty Japanese history (I bought on AMZN some of the top 5 books, £5 each used, on 1st year JPN studies reading list at Oxford and read as much as I could, to be ready for the interviews etc) Nearly got in, received very nice letter from The Queens College, but I am happily nearing the middle of my Japanese with Business degree at another Russell college.

Oxford, at least when I applied, was the only Japanese course in UK that was taught in Japanese - but even a "lower" uni is great, provided you have the passion, and that you will spend a year at even a minor college

If you like to/ could cope with reading the FT.com every day, do business - if you prefer politicals: guido fawkes craig murray or anotherangryvoice.blog then...

so choose your ideas, these were just random my ideas, good luck
Original post by LuigiMario
Yes. it, your PS, needs to generate a complete sense of dedication and at least fake a genuine enthusiasm and passion for Japanese. No, not just Manga, [Kuniyoshi cats might work] but already a working knowledge (or claimed working knowledge of as many of the first 46 hiragana & katakana symbols as possible) Previous or planned trips to Japan would be worth mentioning a lot more than Anime, [studio Ghibli treated reverently might just be mentionable] - then a line or two about - to broaden your degree, you are considering ether Business or Politics, but in either case you would elect to take both business and politics related modules where possible from within your eventual degree choices, so it would end-up being more or less the same path anyway. (-ish?)

Unless you're applying to the Oriental Institute at Oxford, then tell them about all the serious books that you have read of dusty Japanese history (I bought on AMZN some of the top 5 books, £5 each used, on 1st year JPN studies reading list at Oxford and read as much as I could, to be ready for the interviews etc) Nearly got in, received very nice letter from The Queens College, but I am happily nearing the middle of my Japanese with Business degree at another Russell college.

Oxford, at least when I applied, was the only Japanese course in UK that was taught in Japanese - but even a "lower" uni is great, provided you have the passion, and that you will spend a year at even a minor college

If you like to/ could cope with reading the FT.com every day, do business - if you prefer politicals: guido fawkes craig murray or anotherangryvoice.blog then...

so choose your ideas, these were just random my ideas, good luck

How are you finding Business and Japanese at the same time?

I did business at alevel and did very well.

Also How many stanzas? And how long does it need to be?

And at the top should i put i am applying for several dual honor degrees?
Original post by The Lonely don
How are you finding Business and Japanese at the same time?

I did business at alevel and did very well.

Also How many stanzas? And how long does it need to be?

And at the top should i put i am applying for several dual honor degrees?

Your personal statement will need to be 47 lines or 4000 characters (including spaces and punctuation), whichever comes first. It will cut out mid word if it is any longer. "Stanzas" (which is generally a term only used in poetry, which your PS isn't) aren't relevant.

You should incorporate your interest in business/politics alongside your interest in Japan to best show interest in all your courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending