duke of Edinburgh Watch

phatthor124
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
if it is compulsory and you happen to fall ill will it effect my overall grade? my school said if im sick and dont show up it will end up being a U on my grades. will it effect my overall gpa?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by phatthor124)
if it is compulsory and you happen to fall ill will it effect my overall grade? my school said if im sick and dont show up it will end up being a U on my grades. will it effect my overall gpa?
Duke of Edinburgh doesn't have grades, its an extra curricular activity (anyone can do it as long as your're under 25) so it won't or shouldn't affect your gpa.
Is it bronze, silver, or gold Duke of Edinburgh your doing?

The only thing that might cause complications is if you don't do the practice and real expedition. Without the expeditions you can't get it because you need these to get the certificate.
Last edited by Chronoscope; 2 months ago
phatthor124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Duke of Edinburgh doesn't have grades, its an extra curricular activity (anyone can do it as long as your're under 25) so it won't or shouldn't affect your gpa.
Is it bronze, silver, or gold Duke of Edinburgh your doing?

The only thing that might cause complications is if you don't do the practice and real expedition. Without the expeditions you can't get it because you need these to get the certificate.
phaha found out from the staff who runs the course that it was a practice! and i also was unable to complete the whole thing so it wouldnt have counted and i think i was doing the silver practice!!
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is not compulsory. If your school is making you do it they are breaking the rules and it devalues the award. There is nothing your school can really do if you don't complete it, but you can just do the next expedition (at least under the rules of the award you can, but your school appears to be breaking those though...).
phatthor124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Talon)
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is not compulsory. If your school is making you do it they are breaking the rules and it devalues the award. There is nothing your school can really do if you don't complete it, but you can just do the next expedition (at least under the rules of the award you can, but your school appears to be breaking those though...).
oh cool! so im already stuck in that hell hole for 10 hours a day along with saturday mornings for school and they are breaking the rules. cool...cool...cool... just another thing to add to the list 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.03%
1 (89)
13.03%
2 (88)
12.88%
18.89%
22.25%
19.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise