The Student Room Group

Why have I lost all my motivation

I started sixth form in September. I was one of the kids at GCSE who worked my arse off, tried as hard as I could to do well and wanted to be a doctor (I got good enough GCSEs to do so) Went into sixth form really positive. After about 3/4 weeks my motivation started to slide, I gave up on my dream of being a doctor within a month and now I sit in lessons blankly not even listening. My first tests I got 2 A’s and a B and the most recent tests I got a B, C and an E!! Why has all of my motivation disappeared, why do I not care?? How do I get it back. I do A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Psychology btw
Original post by teiganggg
I started sixth form in September. I was one of the kids at GCSE who worked my arse off, tried as hard as I could to do well and wanted to be a doctor (I got good enough GCSEs to do so) Went into sixth form really positive. After about 3/4 weeks my motivation started to slide, I gave up on my dream of being a doctor within a month and now I sit in lessons blankly not even listening. My first tests I got 2 A’s and a B and the most recent tests I got a B, C and an E!! Why has all of my motivation disappeared, why do I not care?? How do I get it back. I do A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Psychology btw

So sorry to hear this and you sound so like my daughter. She started Chemistry, Biology and Spanish A levels last year, wanting to do medicine. But she completely lost her mojo and got terrible grades throughout the year (except Spanish). She faves up on medicine but now this year she is more fired up and is fighting for her grades but wants to do paramedic science instead. Hope your mojo comes back

Quick Reply

Latest