fireballxray
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello all, I'm looking for any advice on getting into acting. Let me just give you a brief background on myself, I'm 23 and at the moment in my second year of a 'Criminology' degree. When i was at college i did do 'Performing Arts' as an A level and I got my best grade in it. It was also the only subject that i had 100% attendance in and always enjoyed going to it. I've recently started to think about my career and where I want to go, I've got several in mind which I'm aiming to work towards (degree base = Detective - joining the TA next year for an officer route style career).

However, when i truly sit down and think what I want to do, it's always been something practical, something physical, it's why i always enjoyed acting, but for some reason never carried it on. The other night i thought hard about what I wanted to do and really wanna start to pursue a career in acting.

I know that it's an incredible hard field to get into, but everything and anything is. You're always going to have competition.

I have a plan that in the new year im going to start going to an acting group and also apply to extra work and then 6 months down the line have 1-1 coaching with acting (due to financial and confidence reasons). The reason im not starting ASAP is because i have a big operation soon that is going to put me out for at-least a month of doing pretty much anything (also I have uni work to do for December and Jan).

I was wondering what else i could do to learn and adapt to acting, i really need to build my confidence back as i see it slipping away and I dont want to get to 40 and regret not taking this opportunity i have. Is there any other adventures i can branch onto to network?
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fireballxray)
Hello all, I'm looking for any advice on getting into acting. Let me just give you a brief background on myself, I'm 23 and at the moment in my second year of a 'Criminology' degree. When i was at college i did do 'Performing Arts' as an A level and I got my best grade in it. It was also the only subject that i had 100% attendance in and always enjoyed going to it. I've recently started to think about my career and where I want to go, I've got several in mind which I'm aiming to work towards (degree base = Detective - joining the TA next year for an officer route style career).

However, when i truly sit down and think what I want to do, it's always been something practical, something physical, it's why i always enjoyed acting, but for some reason never carried it on. The other night i thought hard about what I wanted to do and really wanna start to pursue a career in acting.

I know that it's an incredible hard field to get into, but everything and anything is. You're always going to have competition.

I have a plan that in the new year im going to start going to an acting group and also apply to extra work and then 6 months down the line have 1-1 coaching with acting (due to financial and confidence reasons). The reason im not starting ASAP is because i have a big operation soon that is going to put me out for at-least a month of doing pretty much anything (also I have uni work to do for December and Jan).

I was wondering what else i could do to learn and adapt to acting, i really need to build my confidence back as i see it slipping away and I dont want to get to 40 and regret not taking this opportunity i have. Is there any other adventures i can branch onto to network?
Acting is quite broad mate. Do you mean for theatre performances?
fireballxray
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vexper)
Acting is quite broad mate. Do you mean for theatre performances?
Well i want to get into in the 'film' and 'TV' performances rather than theater, however, i'll have to do theater base stuff anyway if im joining a club!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.54%
Labour (168)
48.28%
Liberal Democrats (49)
14.08%
Green Party (21)
6.03%
Brexit Party (4)
1.15%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.86%
SNP (8)
2.3%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.86%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.44%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)