jsaintj25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Would it be beneficial for me to get a qualification in computing, if so what type, before applying for a job as an RAF Intelligence Officer?
I have just finished my A-levels at college and am hoping to join the RAF as an Intelligence Officer. Would anyone recommend any particular computing courses which I could do in a short amount of time before I begin my application?
Last edited by jsaintj25; 4 weeks ago
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jsaintj25)
Would it be beneficial for me to get a qualification in computing, if so what type, before applying for a job as an RAF Intelligence Officer?
Not particularly, no.
At least, not for the role. In terms of giving you options for things to do later in life, sure.
jsaintj25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Not particularly, no.
At least, not for the role. In terms of giving you options for things to do later in life, sure.
Okay thanks for the quick reply but would you say that there are any other particular traits that the RAF look for in potential Intelligence Officers?
I have a lot of things to set me apart from the rest and I am currently teaching myself Russian.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jsaintj25)
Okay thanks for the quick reply but would you say that there are any other particular traits that the RAF look for in potential Intelligence Officers?
I have a lot of things to set me apart from the rest and I am currently teaching myself Russian.
They don't expect any particular prior knowledge, that's why you can join straight from school.
They train you in the things you need to know, and teach you how to find out the things you want, or to work with the agencies who can provide you with the right bits.

And they test you to find out your potential.

As an intelligence officer they're looking more for your leadership and management potential. Your ability to lead a team of intelligence analysts, or ability to interpret and deliver a brief.

Even little things like finding the right forum to post a thread in and look up other threads on the topic helps... 😉
(Edit: this thread was originally posted in chat and has since been moved)
Last edited by Drewski; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.96%
No I don't (147)
46.23%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.81%

Watched Threads