?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Last edited by harrysbar; 3 weeks ago
studentmin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
What’s the lowest LNAT score that Bristol University accept/ have accepted? Asking because mine went considerably badly
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Data Extravaganza is pinned to the top of the forum and has a breakdown of the number of offers given out per LNAT MCQ grade achieved

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6160930

Click on Document 5 (LNAT Scores)
my_man_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by J Papi)
The Data Extravaganza is pinned to the top of the forum and has a breakdown of the number of offers given out per LNAT MCQ grade achieved

About that, I noticed it is mostly 2019 and some 2018 results, anything from before that on other documents?
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by my_man_123)
About that, I noticed it is mostly 2019 and some 2018 results, anything from before that on other documents?
Idk - search for 'Bristol LNAT' on whatdotheyknow.com.

I'm generally loth to including old data, given that the competitiveness of a course changes (Bristol went up to A*AA around this time), as does the LNAT average MCQ score.
studentmin
Rep:
?

Thank you!

Another question - Do you know if Bristol weighs your LNAT based half on your MCQ and half on your essay to make up the total 40%?
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by studentmin)
Thank you!

Another question - Do you know if Bristol weighs your LNAT based half on your MCQ and half on your essay to make up the total 40%?
I don't know, unfortunately. I'd ask returnmigrant or email their admissions team if you're desperate to know.
studentmin
Rep:
?
I don't know, unfortunately. I'd ask returnmigrant or email their admissions team if you're desperate to know.
That's okay, thank you for your help
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you!

returnmigrant
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you!

Applications are scored and ranked with the overall weightings:
GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%

The LNAT grade used by the University is scored as:
60% multiple choice questions | 40% essay
studentmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Applications are scored and ranked with the overall weightings:
GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%

The LNAT grade used by the University is scored as:
60% multiple choice questions | 40% essay
Thank you!!

Would you happen to know around what score one would need (on MCQ) to be considered at Bristol? I know this probably changes every year but just as a general idea?
Kryptonitekid43
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The arbitio website has a page on what scores are wanted by where. Bristol is 26 if i remember correctly.
Last edited by Kryptonitekid43; 3 weeks ago
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kryptonitekid43)
The arbitio website has a page on what scores are wanted by where. Bristol is 26 if i remember correctly.
This is totally incorrect. Bristol has no LNAT 'cut-off' score.

Applications are scored as explained in my post above. Its the cumulative score that is ranked for offer, not just your LNAT score. Even if you looked at an average LNAT score it wouldnt tell you anything as its not considered in isolation.

I would have considered any MCQ above 30 as 'excellent', above 22 as 'good', below 15 as 'borderline', but obviously your overall LNAT score can be raised with a good essay score and your overall application score with a good score for academic profile.
studentmin
Rep:
?

Applications are scored as explained in my post above. Its the cumulative score that is ranked for offer, not just your LNAT score. Even if you looked at an average LNAT score it wouldnt tell you anything as its not considered in isolation.

I would have considered any MCQ above 30 as 'excellent', above 22 as 'good', below 15 as 'borderline', but obviously your overall LNAT score can be raised with a good essay score and your overall application score with a good score for academic profile.
Thank you for clearing it up. Have been confused about how they look at applications (especially regarding the LNAT) for a while now.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for clearing it up. Have been confused about how they look at applications (especially regarding the LNAT) for a while now.
Its all in the Admissions Statement - there is a link to it at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website.
Kryptonitekid43
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

I wasn’t aware of this in such specifics. Thank you for explaining.
Emzie28
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bristol would take 24 25 on mcq
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Emzie28)
Bristol would take 24 25 on mcq
Have you actually read the posts above?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (81)
19.38%
Labour (204)
48.8%
Liberal Democrats (57)
13.64%
Green Party (26)
6.22%
Brexit Party (5)
1.2%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.72%
SNP (8)
1.91%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.72%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.44%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)