The Student Room Group

RAF Intelligence Officer

I have just finished my A-levels and am hoping to join the RAF as an Intelligence Officer.
Apart from teaching myself Russian, which I am currently part way through a course, would anyone recommend any other qualifications or skills to acquire?
Reply 1
Original post by jsaintj25
I have just finished my A-levels and am hoping to join the RAF as an Intelligence Officer.
Apart from teaching myself Russian, which I am currently part way through a course, would anyone recommend any other qualifications or skills to acquire?

No, as advised elsewhere, you don't need anything for IntO.

Work on the things that will help your application for officer; evidence of your leadership and manage potential.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
No, as advised elsewhere, you don't need anything for IntO.

Work on the things that will help your application for officer; evidence of your leadership and manage potential.

Thanks for the reply again. I was just looking for more opinions and views but I gratefully appreciate yours.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply again. I was just looking for more opinions and views but I gratefully appreciate yours.

As far as I'm aware I'm the only ex-IntO on here
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
As far as I'm aware I'm the only ex-IntO on here

Okay, well thank you very much for your help anyway
Reply 5

Ex-RAF Recruiter here, and Drewski has told you twice what is needed; basically, the requirements listed on the RAF Recruitment website and demonstration of leadership potential. Why would you think you need more than that, in terms of qualifications and opinions? And the first point of call for more info is always the official source - the website and your AFCO.

Quick Reply

Latest