The Student Room Group

Using endorsed revision guide only for A Level

Hi.
So currently I was struggling with my AS Chemistry due to not so good teachers
Also, I find Chemistry boring and difficult.
The endorsed books are also detailed A LOT and sometimes miss important points. So, I end up being more confused.
So, as the questions suggests, if I only use the revision guide, the one endorsed by my exam board CIE, for Chemistry, will it be enough for an A or A*, provided that I also do past papers of course?
Since it is endorsed, it must contain all syllabus points, important information all in a condensed form. It will save time as well as be exactly to the point, so I won't be confused much.
So, will it be fine if i just prepare from the revision guide and not the textbook?
Original post by Knightrises10
Hi.
So currently I was struggling with my AS Chemistry due to not so good teachers
Also, I find Chemistry boring and difficult.
The endorsed books are also detailed A LOT and sometimes miss important points. So, I end up being more confused.
So, as the questions suggests, if I only use the revision guide, the one endorsed by my exam board CIE, for Chemistry, will it be enough for an A or A*, provided that I also do past papers of course?
Since it is endorsed, it must contain all syllabus points, important information all in a condensed form. It will save time as well as be exactly to the point, so I won't be confused much.
So, will it be fine if i just prepare from the revision guide and not the textbook?

I am in year 13 now and struggled with chemistry throughout year 12 but finally getting As and Bs in tests. I would recommend using a variety of books and also online resources because reading things a few times which have been worded in different ways help. The chemistry itself doesn’t change so use the revision guide if it is easier to understand but do questions from your own exam board to learn how to answer the questions to get the marks!
hope this helps!
Original post by Lottie2182
I am in year 13 now and struggled with chemistry throughout year 12 but finally getting As and Bs in tests. I would recommend using a variety of books and also online resources because reading things a few times which have been worded in different ways help. The chemistry itself doesn’t change so use the revision guide if it is easier to understand but do questions from your own exam board to learn how to answer the questions to get the marks!
hope this helps!

CIE still has the modular system and I'll be giving AS exmas these coming May/June :frown:
Original post by Knightrises10
CIE still has the modular system and I'll be giving AS exmas these coming May/June :frown:

Ok, use the revision guide and do lots of questions and you’ll be fine! Also there are some good chemistry videos on YouTube which have explained concepts well!
good luck!
Original post by Lottie2182
Ok, use the revision guide and do lots of questions and you’ll be fine! Also there are some good chemistry videos on YouTube which have explained concepts well!
good luck!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest