Banking troubles Watch

Nicole2344
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, ive recently applied for a student account (with the same bank I am currently with). However, I'm already into my overdraft with my current account, will they be able to switch me over if i'm in my overdraft? Thanks for your help
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nicole2344)
Hi, ive recently applied for a student account (with the same bank I am currently with). However, I'm already into my overdraft with my current account, will they be able to switch me over if i'm in my overdraft? Thanks for your help
Yes it would be fine as long as you pass their credit check
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nicole2344)
Id imagine it would be fine as it is internal debt with them.

For example, I work for a bank and we are able (subject to credit checks) to say loan a customer £2k (for example) if they are £2k into an OD and want to clear it, as this could be cheaper - depending on the interest rate on the loan vs OD.

Sorry, I went on a tangent then, but as I said as it is internal debt with them, it shouldnt be a problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
19.2%
Labour (406)
50.94%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.68%
Green Party (42)
5.27%
Brexit Party (10)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.5%
SNP (14)
1.76%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.75%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)