khaia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Suppose my predicted grades are an A*AA and the entry requirements for some of the universities (e.g. LSE, KCL etc) are AAA. Will those universities ever base me an over on my A*AA and what happens if I get an offer based on A*AA but cannot get that grade in the actual A level result?

Can someone please advise me on this!!! 😭
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you get an offer it will almost certainly be the standard one on their website.

You are required to meet your offer, not your predictions.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by khaia)
Suppose my predicted grades are an A*AA and the entry requirements for some of the universities (e.g. LSE, KCL etc) are AAA. Will those universities ever base me an over on my A*AA and what happens if I get an offer based on A*AA but cannot get that grade in the actual A level result?

Can someone please advise me on this!!! 😭
No, Whilst theoretically unis can do what they like, this doesnt happen, if anything there more likely to reduce the offer (although at top unis, this doesnt really happen).

Unis are required to treat all applicants equally & fairly, this would be effectively punishing success...

Unis want the best students possible, and the offers are normally standardised across a cohort.

the reality is admissions tutors are busy people who normally have very few spare hours as it is, they dont want to waste time mulling over this kind of thing, once theyve decided their making you an offer, they just copy & paste the same criteria every candidate with an offer gets...
khaia
Rep:
?
Thank you so much
khaia
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
No, Whilst theoretically unis can do what they like, this doesnt happen, if anything there more likely to reduce the offer (although at top unis, this doesnt really happen).

Unis are required to treat all applicants equally & fairly, this would be effectively punishing success...

Unis want the best students possible, and the offers are normally standardised across a cohort.

the reality is admissions tutors are busy people who normally have very few spare hours as it is, they dont want to waste time mulling over this kind of thing, once theyve decided their making you an offer, they just copy & paste the same criteria every candidate with an offer gets...
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?