ICS Learn A Level History Coursework question.

Watch
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How much coursework is involved? It says you do "One piece of coursework, which will also contribute to your final grade. An independently researched enquiry in which you'll analyse and evaluate historical interpretations". But I asked the man at ICS online and he didn't know!! Is the coursework worth 5% of your final grade or 20% or somewhere in between?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by markova21)
How much coursework is involved? It says you do "One piece of coursework, which will also contribute to your final grade. An independently researched enquiry in which you'll analyse and evaluate historical interpretations". But I asked the man at ICS online and he didn't know!! Is the coursework worth 5% of your final grade or 20% or somewhere in between?
Link the course please. History nea is normally 20% and a 4-5000 word essay.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's 20%. If you haven't signed up yet then don't do so until you have a really clear answer about how the coursework is marked and submitted to the exam board. (The exam centre where you take the exams with submits it is not a good answer),
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks guys. I found the answer on the AQA website . ( found it surprising the man at ICS didn't know, or at least know to direct me to the AQA website). It doesn't say the percentage it is worth, but if 999tigger says 20% then he's probably right. ( He's busy working 45 hours a week, and studying one evening a week at college for an introductory teaching qualification. Will probably start the A Level once this Level 3 has finished around March.) He has A Level grade A in Irish History, but has been told he needs A Level grade A in "just" History.
Last edited by markova21; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.73%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.69%

Watched Threads