itsxhclly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello I’m currently doing a part time law degree at the university of Buckingham (it’s close to me) but have an offer to do law with French at Cardiff next year. Should I ditch the Buckingham course and transfer to cardiff? Will my chances of getting a TC at a decent firm be better?
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you get anything (open days, first year schemes, etc.) in first year?

Cardiff will probably have a bigger 'support infrastructure' if you're thinking of applying for TCs, but it's a bit hard for someone to compare the two unless they dig* deep into each university's career and LawSoc events etc.
Last edited by J Papi; 3 weeks ago
itsxhclly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by J Papi)
Did you get anything (open days, first year schemes, etc.) in first year?

Cardiff will probably have a bigger 'support infrastructure' if you're thinking of applying for TCs, but it's a bit hard for someone to compare the two unless they did deep into each university's career and LawSoc events etc.
It’s a part time course so atm I’m working full time at shoosmiths but in an admin role so I don’t have much time to do all the extracurricular. I’m worried I’m missing out on all the LawSociety stuff being part time and think I’ll be better off doing it full time, but I’m not sure as I’ve already started the part time course.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by itsxhclly)
It’s a part time course so atm I’m working full time at shoosmiths but in an admin role so I don’t have much time to do all the extracurricular. I’m worried I’m missing out on all the LawSociety stuff being part time and think I’ll be better off doing it full time, but I’m not sure as I’ve already started the part time course.
This all sounds very reasonable to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (61)
18.77%
Labour (159)
48.92%
Liberal Democrats (46)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.15%
Brexit Party (4)
1.23%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.92%
SNP (7)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.23%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)