sb246
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there! I'm new to student room so forgive me if I put this in the wrong category!

I am currently in my fourth year of secondary school in Ireland but I'm considering applying to either Oxbridge or an Ivy League School. Btw I know that medicine in the US is actually a graduate course I'm passionate about medicine and in the future, I'd like to work in the country I studied in.

I'm curious about people's opinions and thoughts of the pros and cons of studying medicine in each country and also, the job opportunities after graduating. In addition, are there any major differences between the healthcare systems or the salaries in the UK and US? Would it be possible to study medicine in the UK and move to the US to practice? If you have any personal experience, please mention that as well. Much appreciated!
Last edited by sb246; 3 weeks ago
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sb246)
Hi there! I'm new to student room so forgive me if I put this in the wrong category I am currently in my fourth year of secondary school in Ireland but I'm considering applying to either Oxbridge or an Ivy League School. Btw I know that medicine in the US is actually a graduate course I'm passionate about medicine and in the future, I'd like to work in the country I studied in. I was wondering if, to people's knowledge, there is stigma behind international graduates working as doctors in the US? I'm curious about people's opinions and thoughts on the length and quality of education in each country and also, the job opportunities after graduating. In addition, are there any major differences between the healthcare systems or the salaries in the UK and US? If you have a preference for studying medicine in either the UK or US or have personal experience doing so, please mention that as well. Much appreciated!
Do you mean someone who studies in the us who is a foreign passport holder carrying a green card, or someone who graduates from a non us medical school with no green card or us passport?
Ben2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To apply for MD in US, it’s best you can take undergraduate or postgraduate study there and do all the extracurricular activities in states. Otherwise your chance will be close to zero, unless you are exceptionally good or you study in Canada.
sb246
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Do you mean someone who studies in the us who is a foreign passport holder carrying a green card, or someone who graduates from a non us medical school with no green card or us passport?
I think I might have phrased my post wrong! I just edited it there. I am actually more concerned with people's opinions on studying medicine in the UK or US. Sorry if it was misleading
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?