Bone ossification intramembranous ossification

Watch this thread
shankar jan
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In this topic, mesenchyme tissue and mesenchymal stem cells are mentioned a lot. Many sources say that mesenchyme and mesenchymal stem cells are two different things,...which makes sense as mesenchyme is a tissue but mesenchymal stem cell is, well... a cell.

However, the sources clearly say that mesenchyme is not formed from mesenchymal stem cell. This confuses me.

Here, I have quoted and linked many sources that mention this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesenchymal_stem_cell
Mesenchyme is embryonic connective tissue that is derived from the mesoderm and that differentiates into hematopoietic and connective tissue, whereas MSCs do not differentiate into hematopoietic cells.

Bone marrow was the original source of MSCs, and still is the most frequently utilized.

https://www.rndsystems.com/research-...mal-stem-cells
Mesenchymal stem cells are a distinct entity to the mesenchyme, embryonic connective tissue which is derived from the mesoderm and differentiates to form hematopoietic stem cells.

Could someone please clear this up for me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads