Are people from the UK nice ? Watch

LucasHFL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys I'm going to London for a Finance and accounting degree next year (If my plans don't fall through) and I was wondering if brits were nice and cool
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LucasHFL)
Hi guys I'm going to London for a Finance and accounting degree next year (If my plans don't fall through) and I was wondering if brits were nice and cool
Yes the ppl who go uni r
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ask them in they voted Brexit, and if someone say 'I love Nige' then run for the hills.

Otherwise, it's a bit of an odd question. Are the people in your country 'nice and cool'? All x million of them?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Some of them are amazing selfless people who'd give you the coat of their back. Some of them are total ass hats.
On the whole I tend to find people (especially in bigger places like London) just keep to themselves, but will also give the odd kind gesture like helping an old lady take their suitcase up the steps. They probably won't talk or give eye contact while do it though.
If you're used to a nice friendly area where everybody chats and says hello then you'll probably find London quite antisocial and dull.
Last edited by Kindred; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Like anywhere some are and some are not. London is unusual for its high % of international residents and tourists from all nations. Very busy can be amazing but also a bit soulless or lonely. All depends.
LucasHFL
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Ask them in they voted Brexit, and if someone say 'I love Nige' then run for the hills.

Otherwise, it's a bit of an odd question. Are the people in your country 'nice and cool'? All x million of them?
It quite depends, some are, some are not , but I'm sure you can't find a worst place than Paris.
LucasHFL
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kindred)
Some of them are amazing selfless people who'd give you the coat of their back. Some of them are total ass hats.
On the whole I tend to find people (especially in bigger places like London) just keep to themselves, but will also give the odd kind gesture like helping an old lady take their suitcase up the steps. They probably won't talk or give eye contact while do it though.
If you're used to a nice friendly area where everybody chats and says hello then you'll probably find London quite antisocial and dull.
I'm not really used to a nice friendly area ahah so that's why I was wondering if my life and my habits were going to kind of change.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
People from Nice are nicer.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes can confirm we’re nice I live in London
ThirdBack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Whether or not someone likes Brexit has no bearing on how nice they are
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThirdBack)
Whether or not someone likes Brexit has no bearing on how nice they are
No, but you bit, didn't you? :laugh:
ThirdBack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, but you bit, didn't you? :laugh:
Its been a long day XD
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThirdBack)
Its been a long day XD
I know - I've had one of those days too.
adviceisallineed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kindred)
I agree with you lol, I used to live in London, and I moved to Liverpool 8 years ago, it’s a completely different place 😂😂 I love it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (27)
21.26%
Labour (63)
49.61%
Liberal Democrats (15)
11.81%
Green Party (9)
7.09%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
3.15%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (2)
1.57%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)