Heartbreak over something I shouldn’t be heartbroken over Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was talking to this boy for about a month. I started off not very committed, like I wasn’t really bothered about talking to him. As time progressed I began to get attached to him, as we talked normally all day everyday. We went on our first date and really bonded, we held hands, kissed and cuddled. It was then the middle of the night and we both went to our homes. I felt as though it was a nice date, and even had my first kiss. The following morning he messaged saying he won’t be able to talk he’s going to a show in Newcastle. I thought nothing of it and I still believe this was genuine. We then talked more throughout the next week and I noticed he was being more blunt than usual, but the times where he was normal/his nice self were amazing (He was ill with nausea).
I was talking about a second date, and he kept saying ah forgot to check my rota etc. I asked him, almost knowing he would say of course I’d like to meet you, that if he didn’t want to go on a second date it’s fine. He then said, to my absolute worst nightmare, that he felt he didn’t really get to know me on the date, and the past week he has got to know me more and he feels like we’re not right for each other. I’m always passive in situations like this hoping not to wreck things further, even though he essentially dumped me. He’s now beginning to like my posts again on Facebook.
Everything I do reminds me of him - my car, my deodorant, my Instagram, my music - and I really am down. People have suggested blocking him, but I physically can’t do it, it makes me feel sick and I’m beginning to feel like there’s nothing I can do about this and that I’ll never find someone like him again, because he’s the only version of him. I know I’m over reacting but when you feel someone is just right for you, it’s hard to not fall for them.
I don’t know what I’m asking here, but maybe advice or other stories on how you guys got through it.
Marcus...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was talking to this boy for about a month. I started off not very committed, like I wasn’t really bothered about talking to him. As time progressed I began to get attached to him, as we talked normally all day everyday. We went on our first date and really bonded, we held hands, kissed and cuddled. It was then the middle of the night and we both went to our homes. I felt as though it was a nice date, and even had my first kiss. The following morning he messaged saying he won’t be able to talk he’s going to a show in Newcastle. I thought nothing of it and I still believe this was genuine. We then talked more throughout the next week and I noticed he was being more blunt than usual, but the times where he was normal/his nice self were amazing (He was ill with nausea).
I was talking about a second date, and he kept saying ah forgot to check my rota etc. I asked him, almost knowing he would say of course I’d like to meet you, that if he didn’t want to go on a second date it’s fine. He then said, to my absolute worst nightmare, that he felt he didn’t really get to know me on the date, and the past week he has got to know me more and he feels like we’re not right for each other. I’m always passive in situations like this hoping not to wreck things further, even though he essentially dumped me. He’s now beginning to like my posts again on Facebook.
Everything I do reminds me of him - my car, my deodorant, my Instagram, my music - and I really am down. People have suggested blocking him, but I physically can’t do it, it makes me feel sick and I’m beginning to feel like there’s nothing I can do about this and that I’ll never find someone like him again, because he’s the only version of him. I know I’m over reacting but when you feel someone is just right for you, it’s hard to not fall for them.
I don’t know what I’m asking here, but maybe advice or other stories on how you guys got through it.
.a
yoursunshinexx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's hard, really really hard. I understand how you feel. I've been there before.
It takes time but you'll get over him soon.
Maybe do something that'll make you happy. What I did was volunteering - giving away my time for others made me feel much better and happier. Also started to regularly exercise (tbh kinda glad this situation happened cos then I wouldn't have gotten into exercising which is now my fav hobby of all times ) and mindfulness in the mornings.
Make sure to spend time with family and friends who make you feel happyy
have a nice day, everything will get better with time I promise you xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.32%
Labour (171)
48.58%
Liberal Democrats (49)
13.92%
Green Party (21)
5.97%
Brexit Party (4)
1.14%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.85%
SNP (8)
2.27%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.85%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.42%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)