Double Major & applying only through Clearing Watch

Roha125
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am an International student and doing my research on UK universities.

Is double major in undergrad an option for UK universities,it is in US but I have no idea about UK.Is double major twice as hard and does fees exponentialy increase for that.

UK unis have last date for application on Jan but I will do ielst (with SAT) later that year (maybe july,august after A2).As no ielts I won't apply now but I have made an 2020 UCAS account,so when A2 results(august) come and some unis are in clearing can I apply at that time only.Or am I eligible for clearing application only if I get reject by 5 unis beforehand?

For clearing does only the low ranked university stayes available or sometimes mid/high rank universities have sites vacant?
Are schoolarships given when applied through clearing?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Almost all applicants apply with qualifications and tests still to be finished. Universities make conditional offers. The conditions are the grades they want you to get in your exams. You must meet conditions before 31 August.

If you want to study in the UK then apply by the 15 January. Many courses will close at that point and will not be available in clearing.
Roha125
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Almost all applicants apply with qualifications and tests still to be finished. Universities make conditional offers. The conditions are the grades they want you to get in your exams. You must meet conditions before 31 August.

If you want to study in the UK then apply by the 15 January. Many courses will close at that point and will not be available in clearing.
So I can keep my IELTS in pending and apply for uni
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Roha125)
So I can keep my IELTS in pending and apply for uni
Yes. But don’t leave your ielts too late. If you wait until june or july to sit ielts and don’t get the right score then you won’t have time to try again (and july and August ielts tests sometimes cost more because they are more popular dates). Take ielts in april or may if you can.
Roha125
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes. But don’t leave your ielts too late. If you wait until june or july to sit ielts and don’t get the right score then you won’t have time to try again (and july and August ielts tests sometimes cost more because they are more popular dates). Take ielts in april or may if you can.
Okay thanks for the info and advice
I am already pretty busy with 5 A levels and don't want to disturb it so I might take year gap and go for 2021.
Earlier I switched US uni decision to 2021 too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.75%
No (44)
12.19%
I'm not old enough (141)
39.06%

Watched Threads