Revision advice for Edexcel AS English Literature?

Watch
nikiej028
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I'm a few months into my AS Edexcel English Literature course and we have finished our first text The Handmaid's Tale. Our lecturer wants us to consistently revise this text as we study Frankenstein. I was beginning to do so tonight by creating notes on key quotes but ended up stressing myself out and spent more time googling whether key quotes were necessary etc. I was going to make key quotes for themes (such as feminism, identity and others present within the novel) but these themes don't correlate with exam questions which are more general to fit both texts. Is it worth revising the theme of feminism or any other the other Handmaid's specific themes if the themes are not also present in Frankenstein?

If there has anyone who has done this course who has some advice on how I should structure my English Literature revision. (And if key quotes are necessary to revise and if so, how should I go about revising them?)

Thanks
09ERDES09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nikiej028)
Hello,
I'm a few months into my AS Edexcel English Literature course and we have finished our first text The Handmaid's Tale. Our lecturer wants us to consistently revise this text as we study Frankenstein. I was beginning to do so tonight by creating notes on key quotes but ended up stressing myself out and spent more time googling whether key quotes were necessary etc. I was going to make key quotes for themes (such as feminism, identity and others present within the novel) but these themes don't correlate with exam questions which are more general to fit both texts. Is it worth revising the theme of feminism or any other the other Handmaid's specific themes if the themes are not also present in Frankenstein?

If there has anyone who has done this course who has some advice on how I should structure my English Literature revision. (And if key quotes are necessary to revise and if so, how should I go about revising them?)

Thanks
You still need key quotes for your evidence, so whatever point you make it should be backed up by relevant evidence. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.63%

Watched Threads