The Student Room Group

How do you like your steak?

So how do you like your steak cooked?
ready salted.
I currently have two methods for a perfect rare steak, depending on the steak and how lazy I am feeling.

1) 10 Minute Rule - Salt, Two minute each side in a searing hot pan, then leave to rest wrapped in tin foil for 6 minutes. If you want it more cooked you just reduce the rest time and increase pan time.

2) Reverse Sear (works better for thick steaks) - Preheat oven to 135C, Salt steak and then "bake" for approximately 45mins until the internal temperature of the steak is 52C (meat thermometer required). Rest under foil for a further 10 minutes. Then sear each side for 1min, then serve.

This is my masterclass to the perfect steak :eating:
Reply 3
Still mooing and wriggling about
Original post by Rock Fan
So how do you like your steak cooked?

A cooked steak? I am use to roast it! medium, but perfectly! too bloody and I don't like to eat a steak.
Overdone like charcoal.
Then shared with a canine pal.
Reply 6
high
Medium or medium/well done
I'm going to say 'Sustainable'

I don't really care, I just want to rob the joy off someone else who wanted to say that genuinely.
I like my steak the same as the frequency of my dates...Rare 😅
E453375C-783C-4DC6-BE19-5CFB0C9CE2AD.jpeg
So rare it's still mooing.
I'm gonna be the one person in this thread that says they've never had steak before.
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
I'm gonna be the one person in this thread that says they've never had steak before.

That’s fine, but i do suggest you try it sometime, unless you’re vegan/vegetarian/pescatarian/flexetarian/brexitarian
Medium well done every time

Quick Reply

Latest