The Student Room Group

What Video Games scared you as a child?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pastelmeme
the slender man game where you're in the forest

Dark forests in combination with creepy soundtracks and martial monsters scared me in particular as child.
Reply 21
nothing.

I remember getting a jump on RE2 when the crows came through the window, and also the dogs ... but apart from that nothing.
Shadow of the Beast
None.
Original post by pastelmeme
the slender man game where you're in the forest

dude, nostalgiaaaa
Reply 25
That zombie one that they had at cinemas and bowling allies, it was basically resident evil but with a different name
Nothing
Original post by Lyndsey.95
Nothing

What about the souundtracks? some are really scary and frightening in that way I don't trust to enter a stage.
minecraft - the zombies were especially scary since creepers were easily seen and arrows from skeletons were easy to block off
Triceratops from Crash Bandicoot 3
Slender and the first Outlast game.
System Shock 2 Pipe wielding hybrids
Hybrid.jpg
Manhunt. that was terrifying. my stepdad used to play it on the ps2 and the Wii which was even fu**ing worse cos it was so emersive. weird game man
Original post by abrahatannous
Scary Maze on techbigs. You’ll need to stay very focused a small dot to the end of the mazes and a horror picture will bump in to the screen with a loud scream.

This game would have me haunted even these days tbh
Reply 34
Bioshock 2 when I was 11. Pathetic.
Ecco the Dolphin for the Sega Mega Drive. It was just so weird and the dolphin was just super shiny. The world was just super scary, like it was set in outer space or something, with the use of purple and blue. It doesn't help with the soundtrack and audio that went along with the game. The Sega Mega Drive audio chip was known to have produced some horrible sounds, if musicians didn't know how to use it. Other games were known to be great which were able to create having the best soundtracks (you wouldn't have any issue finding that out), that's how bad the audio can get at times. I never understood it because the game had strong support from Sega itself and no one wants to bash the game, because it's part of the main Sega games. They don't make sequel of the Ecco game anymore, unlike the Sonic games, so it tells me and maybe says something.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jamovitz
System Shock 2 Pipe wielding hybrids
Hybrid.jpg

I would agree with this. Well, if not this, the first System Shock looked creepy, Even the bad ending game over screen that went along with the first game, was creepy.

Original post by Ikeo
That zombie one that they had at cinemas and bowling allies, it was basically resident evil but with a different name

Dead Rising?
Reply 37
I was around 13/14, so not really a child technically I guess but Dead rising 2 off the record. I refused to play the game unless my parents or older brother would sit in the same room as me. The "psychopaths" in the game used to scare the sh*t out of me, especially these two
slappy dr2.jpgdead rising 2.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest