Thinking about dropping out of uni? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I dont have my student finances yet as they are taking forever to process. Meanwhile i have to live at home and commute 4 hours everyday. My mother is so unsupportive of me, she said she would pay for my bus fares and live at home until im able to move out. My mother uses this against me all the time calling me lazy because I don't have a part time job (currently searching). It is so hard to bear with my mother through this uni process as she is mentally and physically abusive. I thought that a solution to this may be to drop out and find a full time job. Earn enough money to move out. I don't know though because I have always dreamed to go to uni and now I feel crushed.
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont have my student finances yet as they are taking forever to process. Meanwhile i have to live at home and commute 4 hours everyday. My mother is so unsupportive of me, she said she would pay for my bus fares and live at home until im able to move out. My mother uses this against me all the time calling me lazy because I don't have a part time job (currently searching). It is so hard to bear with my mother through this uni process as she is mentally and physically abusive. I thought that a solution to this may be to drop out and find a full time job. Earn enough money to move out. I don't know though because I have always dreamed to go to uni and now I feel crushed.
no, dont give up! Tell to your mom you will move out as soon as you receive student finance, just ask her to have little patience. Tell her you are looking for a job, but be aware it will be hard to handle uni and job at the same time. You will have a lot to study if you want to do well, but it is not impossible. Think that this situation is not forever, it will change soon, but if you drop the uni might be forever.
Good luck for the best decision, my advice is do not drop out!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the_queen)
no, dont give up! Tell to your mom you will move out as soon as you receive student finance, just ask her to have little patience. Tell her you are looking for a job, but be aware it will be hard to handle uni and job at the same time. You will have a lot to study if you want to do well, but it is not impossible. Think that this situation is not forever, it will change soon, but if you drop the uni might be forever.
Good luck for the best decision, my advice is do not drop out!
My mother does not have any patience whatsoever. I cannot ask her for anything without her lashing out and making it about her. She's a narcissist and will not take no for an answer. She has kicked me out multiple times to my nans and I cannot permanently stay there. I have no other family members to stay with I cannot take this anymore. thank you for your advice.
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My mother does not have any patience whatsoever. I cannot ask her for anything without her lashing out and making it about her. She's a narcissist and will not take no for an answer. She has kicked me out multiple times to my nans and I cannot permanently stay there. I have no other family members to stay with I cannot take this anymore. thank you for your advice.
I understand you frustration, but it is not helpful if you are more angry. Talk to your uni about your situation, there is Student Union, maybe they can help you somehow, write a letter to student finance maybe they can process your finance faster, ignore your mom when she says anything, think you will be fine, soon. Please, dont be desperate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (151)
19.16%
Labour (400)
50.76%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.83%
Green Party (42)
5.33%
Brexit Party (10)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.51%
SNP (14)
1.78%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.76%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)