The Student Room Group

Sweden's 100 explosions this year: What's going on?

Swedish police are dealing with unprecedented levels of attacks, targeting city centre locations too. The bomb squad was called to deal with 97 explosions in the first nine months of this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50339977?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ssQaCijcsDAkx3t8Jn-8iY2H8e2s4pqmLJgFzN5ESNccH9W8oPSbnV7U&fbclid=IwAR1TCzf42MGiAAQZhmnmFolNbnhTKdcpcSRGA_CyklH36diAPXLw67gsF3A

There you go, cause and effect. It's not as if anyone should feel sorry for the problems Swedes are experiencing, they created them themselves and therefore can live with the consequences of their actions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They have some really entertaining explanations for what is causing all of this unrest. 2+2 really does equal 5 in Sweden .
Reply 2
Original post by Jebedee
They have some really entertaining explanations for what is causing all of this unrest. 2+2 really does equal 5 in Sweden .

I had to stay with the article to the very bottom, just to see at which point the BBC felt like giving people a clue. Fine purveyors of the same political philosophy that has created this situation in Sweden, I was even a bit surprised they mentioned it at all. Shooting themselves in the foot kinda thing.
Thousands of times that many explosions in Hong Kong, yet TSR supports the rioters.

Can we not just agree that crime is wrong?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah but, just think of all the economic benefits and the fantastic range of restaurants.
Is it predominantly down to the massive influx of low skilled third world immigrants?
Reply 7
Original post by Just my opinion
Is it predominantly down to the massive influx of low skilled third world immigrants?

Maybe not entirely and making explosives is a bit of a skill anyway but I think it's mainly down to the concerted effort to fill up Europe with people from other continents, the official policy of accommodating and promoting the smuggling of people into it another strong pointer in that direction. That seems to be the only objective, there is no rational explanation for any of it otherwise. I dunno, is there?
Original post by Just my opinion

No, it's 3-4 gen street gangs. It says it right in the article. It's not immagration that's the problem here. It's teaching the youth and keeping them out of gangs.
Original post by Guru Jason
No, it's 3-4 gen street gangs. It says it right in the article. It's not immagration that's the problem here. It's teaching the youth and keeping them out of gangs.

its 3-4 gen immigrants..

one sentence later:

its not immigration that's the problem.

---

What do you think has got these 3rd/4th gen migrants riled up and fighting? Could it be the masive influx of new migrants. Potential new recruits, potential new gangs, etc. etc.

Could it be that those youths are lazy, selfish and immoral why should the government wasted tax payers money teaching them morality and not join gangs.
Original post by z-hog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50339977?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ssQaCijcsDAkx3t8Jn-8iY2H8e2s4pqmLJgFzN5ESNccH9W8oPSbnV7U&fbclid=IwAR1TCzf42MGiAAQZhmnmFolNbnhTKdcpcSRGA_CyklH36diAPXLw67gsF3A

There you go, cause and effect. It's not as if anyone should feel sorry for the problems Swedes are experiencing, they created them themselves and therefore can live with the consequences of their actions.

Cause and effect of what, exactly? Are you trying to blame this on the recent migrant/refugee crisis?

The article doesn't provide any data on the origin/ethnicity of the people behind this.
Reply 12

Typical cop out response for those who don't want to address the real elephant in the room.

You are right to an extent that it's not an immigration problem per se (although, they wouldn't even be in Sweden and none of these issues would be occuring today had their parents not been allowed to enter in the first place). The issue is race, ethnicity and the differences between the different demographics of this Earth. Until that is addressed and until we drop this absurd and unscientific notion that all human groups are basically exactly the same (despite thousands of years of separation and respective evolution in wildly varying environments and climates, with very different survival requirements), we will keep running around in circles, baffled as to why our societies continue to fall apart at the seams.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wōden
Typical cop out response for those who don't want to address the real elephant in the room.

You are right to an extent that it's not an immigration problem per se (although, they wouldn't even be in Sweden and none of these issues would be occuring today had their parents not been allowed to enter in the first place). The issue is race, ethnicity and the differences between the different demographics of this Earth. Until that is addressed and until we drop this absurd and unscientific notion that all human groups are basically exactly the same (despite thousands of years of separation and respective evolution in wildly varying environments and climates, with very different survival requirements), we will keep running around in circles, baffled as to why our societies continue to fall apart at the seams.

Are you suggesting that different groups of people from different parts of the world are biologically different, in the sense that they are predisposed to behave in different ways?
Reply 14
Now this wouldnt be down to the gang that already existed in Sweden aye? With the majority of the offences being committed by 2nd and 3rd generation migrants? (never mind it definitely being a problem generated by the yugoslav wars)
Original post by fallen_acorns
its 3-4 gen immigrants..

one sentence later:

its not immigration that's the problem.

---

What do you think has got these 3rd/4th gen migrants riled up and fighting? Could it be the masive influx of new migrants. Potential new recruits, potential new gangs, etc. etc.

a 4th gen isn't a migrant. if you family has been in a country for almost 80 years, you're not a migrant.
Reply 16
Original post by SHallowvale
Are you suggesting that different groups of people from different parts of the world are biologically different, in the sense that they are predisposed to behave in different ways?

Kind of. But let's get one thing out of the way, I don't suggest such things to in any way justify racial hatred, mistreatment of other ethnicities or any ridiculous notions of 'supremacism'. I don't hate anybody and want nothing but peace, prosperity and co-operation between all the peoples of this Earth, but I simply don't believe that the current multicultural doctrine of putting large numbers of different peoples into the same territories is going to achieve this, I think it's creating more division and hostility and often where there was none before. I think everybody having self determination, in their own spaces, free to persue their own destinies in accordance with their shared history, traditions and cultural values and without feeling as if they are in constant competition with the "other", is the real key to a more peaceful world.

We know there is biological/genetic variation across different human populations, and we can see with our own eyes that people from different parts of the world behave in different ways. I don't know whether that is biologically predisposed, or a result of cultural and environmental surroundings, I suspect they all play a role to some extent. "Predisposed" is perhaps too harsh a term, it makes it all sound too inevitable and inescapable, which I don't believe is neccessarily the case in humans, as unlike other animals, we have the intelligence, self-awareness and self-reflection to refrain from and rise above destructive base instinct, the problem is not everybody does rise above it.
Reply 17
Original post by SHallowvale
Cause and effect of what, exactly? Are you trying to blame this on the recent migrant/refugee crisis?

The article doesn't provide any data on the origin/ethnicity of the people behind this.

The ethnicity or particular origin of the people behind this is totally irrelevant to me, the whole lesson is that some countries can pursue immigration policies that land them with serious social problems. Sweden is experiencing the effect of their own immigration policies and surely many Swedes feel the same way, hardly a controversial thing to suggest. Causality.
Original post by z-hog
The ethnicity or particular origin of the people behind this is totally irrelevant to me, the whole lesson is that some countries can pursue immigration policies that land them with serious social problems. Sweden is experiencing the effect of their own immigration policies and surely many Swedes feel the same way, hardly a controversial thing to suggest. Causality.

How is this a serious social problem? It is just some gangs fighting over the drugs trade. The explosions are a new phenomenon, but part of the escalation of that drugs war. You are making claims that the article does not support, since there is simply insufficient data.
Reply 19
Original post by 999tigger
How is this a serious social problem? It is just some gangs fighting over the drugs trade. The explosions are a new phenomenon, but part of the escalation of that drugs war.

Are you trying to be funny or something?

Quick Reply

Latest