Difference between a masters in developmental and education?

Watch
butterflyonaweb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been looking at masters courses and I'm not entirely sure of the difference between a developmental psychology masters and an educational psychology masters?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by butterflyonaweb)
I've been looking at masters courses and I'm not entirely sure of the difference between a developmental psychology masters and an educational psychology masters?
Take a look at the modules offered for each course - they may differ in a few aspects.

Noodlzzz - any help here?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by butterflyonaweb)
Check out modules as said above. Educational is more applied I believe whereas as developmental is more theory based. There will be some crossover. Are you looking at the Ed psych doctorate after?
butterflyonaweb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Check out modules as said above. Educational is more applied I believe whereas as developmental is more theory based. There will be some crossover. Are you looking at the Ed psych doctorate after?
My university only offers developmental as a masters and then educational as a phd so I was thinking of doing developmental masters and then if i want to go further I'll do educational phd then. I just wasn't sure whether I was missing out by not moving university to do an educational masters
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (202)
43.72%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.84%

Watched Threads