The Student Room Group

Are you a member of a political party?

Poll

Are you a member of a political party?

As the country starts preparing for a General Election, now is the time when political parties are organising campaigns and using members and local organisers to help spread their message.

Are you partaking in any campaigning?
If you want to share, which political party are you involved with?
What are the benefits of party membership?

I know quite a few people are involved in TSR's model house of commons, many of whom (not all) are also members of similar parties in real life.

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
No :no:
Love the MHoC mention MR. 😂.

Nope. I value my money.
Reply 3
No, I always base my vote on the current administration/policies etc. However much I like a party's policies now, they could all change in the future so I'm never going to become a member.

There are a significant number of people who will support a party whatever their policies are and may just vote for them because that's what they/their family have always done. I've never understood this mentality.
On TSR because I have no life :wink:
No, but I'm curious as to whether you can still campaign for a party without being a member.
numero uno!

I will be leafletting, probably telling and data entry on the day. I won't be knocking on people's doors cos I'm a scaredy cat.

I pay £3 a month, seems very little to me to help the party get more say in parliament.. also they have parties with free cake sometimes
Reply 7
Original post by jenhasdreams
also they have parties with free cake sometimes

hello there :ninja:
Reply 8
Original post by jenhasdreams
I pay £3 a month, seems very little to me to help the party get more say in parliament.. also they have parties with free cake sometimes

Ok I've changed my mind.
No.
Most of my friends are members of uk political parties, many go to regular fortnightly/monthly meetings.
They seem to receive plenty of invites for local constituency social gatherings, fundraisers and affiliated party group events.
Yes I am, though won't be canvassing for them because a) I'm in Cambridge between now and election day and Plaid Cymru aren't known for being very active there and b) they've made our candidate stand down for the Lib Dems anyway.
no. would gladly be a member - it sounds nice... if we had a political system that actually worked and meant we could have actually representative parties for a change.

None of the main parties represent me though, so I won't be a member for any of them.
Reply 12
No, thank god.
I'm a registered member of the monster raving loony party. Me and a friend kept interacting with them on twitter and then we did a bit of a "I'll join them if you join them" meme, and the mate went and joined them.

It's a good deal, you don't really have to do anything cause they're not an actual force. Plus I like the t shirt.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm a registered member of the monster raving loony party. Me and a friend kept interacting with them on twitter and then we did a bit of a "I'll join them if you join them" meme, and the mate went and joined them.

It's a good deal, you don't really have to do anything cause they're not an actual force. Plus I like the t shirt.

Have they still got the policy of bringing in a 99p coin to save on change?
I joined the Labour party not really because of political reasons. Unfortunately, I'm still a member BECAUSE IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO LEAVE.
Original post by dancehead
Have they still got the policy of bringing in a 99p coin to save on change?

Indeed they do. More recently we've proposed to make Noel Edmunds chief brexit negotiator, as he is an expert in deal or no deal.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
As the country starts preparing for a General Election, now is the time when political parties are organising campaigns and using members and local organisers to help spread their message.

Are you partaking in any campaigning?
If you want to share, which political party are you involved with?
What are the benefits of party membership?

I know quite a few people are involved in TSR's model house of commons, many of whom (not all) are also members of similar parties in real life.

I have been a member of the Conservative Party on and off.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Indeed they do. More recently we've proposed to make Noel Edmunds chief brexit negotiator, as he is an expert in deal or no deal.

Amusingly in the mhoc they actually won the election once.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending