The Student Room Group

Personal Statement!!!!!

Okay guys, I'm applying for urban planning, but I want to mention how I entered a Royal Geographical Society essay comp in my PS, because what I'm gonna say after that is that did research and found out about specific policies of urban planning while writing the essay (so basically relating it to urban planning, not geography) is this okay, even though its a geography essay not urban planning?
Reply 1
Yes of course it's okay, it's great
Reply 2
Yes that's wonderful, urban planning is certainly part of human geography!
Original post by Sataris
Yes of course it's okay, it's great

Original post by Deggs_14
Yes that's wonderful, urban planning is certainly part of human geography!

Niiiiiice

One more thing, if I'm gonna talk about a theory or policy, should I comment on it and its effectiveness etc, and if yes, what kind of things should I say.

e.g I would criticize this policy for being difficult to implement because of this and this etc
Reply 4
Original post by Christiantaylor
Niiiiiice

One more thing, if I'm gonna talk about a theory or policy, should I comment on it and its effectiveness etc, and if yes, what kind of things should I say.

e.g I would criticize this policy for being difficult to implement because of this and this etc

Yes definitely! The admissions tutors would definitely want to see your viewpoint and criticism or commendation of a specific policy. Explain how or what made you have the viewpoint you have, and why you think it to be so.
Original post by Deggs_14
Yes definitely! The admissions tutors would definitely want to see your viewpoint and criticism or commendation of a specific policy. Explain how or what made you have the viewpoint you have, and why you think it to be so.

Okay cool
I also want to mention economic inequality and how urban planning is directly linked to it, is that okay or pushing the human geog boundary? I've also included abit about myself and I wanna mention that I'm fairly musical and have played guitar all my life etc but not sure how exactly to phrase it
Reply 6
Original post by Christiantaylor
Okay cool
I also want to mention economic inequality and how urban planning is directly linked to it, is that okay or pushing the human geog boundary? I've also included abit about myself and I wanna mention that I'm fairly musical and have played guitar all my life etc but not sure how exactly to phrase it

I wouldn’t explain Geographical theory itself, but more how it interests you and how you learnt from it. Show, don’t tell.
But it’s importent to have a have a personal paragraph about you, so put this as your concluding personal paragraph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending