aliciadsmiths
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Transcription make an RNA strand for biosynthesis. How does it differ from Polymerase process/chain reaction?
davidthomasjnr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aliciadsmiths)
Transcription make an RNA strand for biosynthesis. How does it differ from Polymerase process/chain reaction?
Depends on what level of study you are at, but generally speaking, transcription is the conversion of a DNA template into RNA, whereas PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is the amplification (replication in large amounts) of an initial (DNA) template, generally performed as a molecular biology technique in vitro (in a test-tube).

PCR is similar to DNA replication, although the complexity of DNA replication in cells is significantly higher. DNA replication and transcription are essential processes for all eukaryotic and prokaryotic life (that I am aware of) under the "central dogma" of molecular biology; in all living cells, DNA is replicated, transcribed into RNA, and then translated into amino acids to make the proteins essential for living cells to survive.

If you want more detail, reply and I can explain more!
aliciadsmiths
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by davidthomasjnr)
Depends on what level of study you are at, but generally speaking, transcription is the conversion of a DNA template into RNA, whereas PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is the amplification (replication in large amounts) of an initial (DNA) template, generally performed as a molecular biology technique in vitro (in a test-tube).

PCR is similar to DNA replication, although the complexity of DNA replication in cells is significantly higher. DNA replication and transcription are essential processes for all eukaryotic and prokaryotic life (that I am aware of) under the "central dogma" of molecular biology; in all living cells, DNA is replicated, transcribed into RNA, and then translated into amino acids to make the proteins essential for living cells to survive.

If you want more detail, reply and I can explain more!
Thank you so much! This is just what I need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?