The Student Room Group

switching unis after foundation year

Hi I'm currently doing foundation in business management in university of nottingham malaysia campus.I finish my foundation in july 2020,the thing is I want to switch unis after I'm done with foundation and while I know that I can transfer to other uk based universities with the successful completion of Nottingham's foundation I was also wondering if it was possible to switch to other universities in the states or canada and whether they would accept a foundation qualification from a uk based university as I'm still very unsure where I want to continue my undergraduate.
Original post by baadges
Hi I'm currently doing foundation in business management in university of nottingham malaysia campus.I finish my foundation in july 2020,the thing is I want to switch unis after I'm done with foundation and while I know that I can transfer to other uk based universities with the successful completion of Nottingham's foundation I was also wondering if it was possible to switch to other universities in the states or canada and whether they would accept a foundation qualification from a uk based university as I'm still very unsure where I want to continue my undergraduate.

Hello,

They should realistically however depending on what you are going on to potentially study in the states / Canada they may have certain requirements for that course.

If you are ever uncertain I would contact the universities you are interested in so you have plenty of notice as to whether or not they will accept you.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello,

They should realistically however depending on what you are going on to potentially study in the states / Canada they may have certain requirements for that course.

If you are ever uncertain I would contact the universities you are interested in so you have plenty of notice as to whether or not they will accept you.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:

Thank you so much!!! It's just anyone and everyone I have been asking regarding this matter keep on saying that it is not possible to switch unis after foundation especially from a uk based one to a potentially us based uni.Apparently you 'must' do your undergraduate in the same university you do your foundation and as I haven't done my A levels and instead opted for foundation this is scaring me quite the bit as I don't think I want to continue in Nottingham.But thanks for the advice,really appreciate it!!!
Original post by baadges
Thank you so much!!! It's just anyone and everyone I have been asking regarding this matter keep on saying that it is not possible to switch unis after foundation especially from a uk based one to a potentially us based uni.Apparently you 'must' do your undergraduate in the same university you do your foundation and as I haven't done my A levels and instead opted for foundation this is scaring me quite the bit as I don't think I want to continue in Nottingham.But thanks for the advice,really appreciate it!!!

Hi @baadges

You are welcome. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending