The Student Room Group

Will I be sectioned?

My drama teacher is really concerned about me. I have been to the doctor for my issues but it’s getting really bad. I’m starting to lash out and hurt other people. I nearly broke someone’s arm the other day. If I tell me teacher this will he tell my parents? My parents aren’t very nice people and I’m scared. I don’t want to be taken to hospital because I’m a danger to myself and others. What do I do? Should I keep it all inside?
(edited 4 years ago)
Um, it’s a difficult one. Speaking from experience, bottling up your issues is never a good idea, as it can/will lead to further issues down the line. I would talk to your drama teacher about your problems, as she seems to genuinely care about your well being. If you do end up being sectioned, which would take a lot, it could lead to you getting better, who knows. Regardless, you should talk to someone about your issues, that alone may help things
Reply 2
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
Um, it’s a difficult one. Speaking from experience, bottling up your issues is never a good idea, as it can/will lead to further issues down the line. I would talk to your drama teacher about your problems, as she seems to genuinely care about your well being. If you do end up being sectioned, which would take a lot, it could lead to you getting better, who knows. Regardless, you should talk to someone about your issues, that alone may help things

But what about my parents?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
My drama teacher is really concerned about me. I have been to the doctor for my issues but it’s getting really bad. I’m starting to lash out and hurt other people. I nearly broke someone’s arm the other day. If I tell me teacher this will he tell my parents? My parents aren’t very nice people and I’m scared. I don’t want to be taken to hospital because I’m a danger to myself and others. What do I do? Should I keep it all inside?

that wouldn't be enough to get you sectioned, no. unless there are things you aren't telling us.
Reply 4
Original post by Ciel.
that wouldn't be enough to get you sectioned, no. unless there are things you aren't telling us.

There was originally a lot more telling what’s happened in the original post but one of the admins must’ve edited it out....
Reply 5
There was originally a lot more telling what’s happened in the original post but one of the admins must’ve edited it out....

The content that you originally had there breaks our the Life and Style guidelines, I edited it so you could get some advice whilst trying to keep the gist of the thread :smile:
I don't think it would you get you sectioned. I don't know the whole story but is this from having difficulty to control your anger?
Reply 7
Original post by hopeful_pharm
I don't think it would you get you sectioned. I don't know the whole story but is this from having difficulty to control your anger?

Anger and reckless behaviour is just two of my symptoms. I’m not allowed to say a lot apparently, which is fine as I would never want to trigger anyone
Reply 8
Original post by Deyesy
The content that you originally had there breaks our the Life and Style guidelines, I edited it so you could get some advice whilst trying to keep the gist of the thread :smile:

Thank you for keeping people safe :-)
Being detained under the mental health act is a last resort option - you have to present a severe risk to self and/or others such that you could not be treated in the community. Even if you were to have a metal health act assessment (the only way to be sectioned) - there are other options they would consider - providing advice/information, speaking to their GP, referral to community mh services, referral to crisis team, admission to a crisis house or even an admission to hospital voluntarily.
Anger and reckless behaviour is just two of my symptoms. I’m not allowed to say a lot apparently, which is fine as I would never want to trigger anyone

I think if you're finding your anger difficult to control you should see if you can get some support with anger management. Hopefully, that could get you on the right track
Original post by suitepee
Being detained under the mental health act is a last resort option - you have to present a severe risk to self and/or others such that you could not be treated in the community. Even if you were to have a metal health act assessment (the only way to be sectioned) - there are other options they would consider - providing advice/information, speaking to their GP, referral to community mh services, referral to crisis team, admission to a crisis house or even an admission to hospital voluntarily.

I’m getting referred to CAHMS but where I live the mental health support here is so cut off a referral takes 2 years and by the time I get referred there I’ll have to wait another 2 years for AMHS. I can’t wait that long

It won’t get you sectioned no, I know someone who was sectioned only after having a complete breakdown of their mental health
I’m getting referred to CAHMS but where I live the mental health support here is so cut off a referral takes 2 years and by the time I get referred there I’ll have to wait another 2 years for AMHS. I can’t wait that long

Who has told you that it takes 2 years for a referral to be processed by CAMHS or AMHS? It can take a long time to get treatment, but shouldn't take 2 years to be accepted into the team. I work for a AMHS team and we process referrals anytime between 4 hrs and 28 days depending on urgency.
Original post by suitepee
Who has told you that it takes 2 years for a referral to be processed by CAMHS or AMHS? It can take a long time to get treatment, but shouldn't take 2 years to be accepted into the team. I work for a AMHS team and we process referrals anytime between 4 hrs and 28 days depending on urgency.

People whom I work with. It’s already been 2 months since my referral and no updates. My friend has extreme panic disorder and PTSD at the point where she was having seizures and it took her 11 months to get a referral. I know mine will take longer because apparently I’m not as bad :/

Quick Reply

Latest