The Student Room Group

Healthcare Assistant in London

Anyone know how I can apply for a temporary healthcare assistant role in london?
Original post by jordan2001
Anyone know how I can apply for a temporary healthcare assistant role in london?

Go to nhs jobs and search
Reply 2
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Go to nhs jobs and search

do you need past experience to get this job or are there vacancies where i don’t need experience ?
Original post by jordan2001
do you need past experience to get this job or are there vacancies where i don’t need experience ?

You need to look at the person specification. Experience is usually desirable but not essential - but if you have done some volunteering etc that would help. If not, you need to work out how to demonstrate you have transferable skills ie. if you have been a member of a club or sports team, or another job (paid or voluntary) you could draw on your experiences to demonstrate communication and team working skills.
Hiya,

Would anyone be able to briefly summarise what a healthcare assistant does?

Best wishes
Original post by Wolf_lover
Hiya,

Would anyone be able to briefly summarise what a healthcare assistant does?

Best wishes

Assist with personal care, assist with giving out and helping people with meals, emotionally support patients, bed moves, accompany patients for medical procedures, wipe down and change beds, roll and move patients in and out of bed essentially

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending