What does "rising taxes" mean in relation to project management? Watch

CollegeStudent99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I have a BTEC assignment to do on project management.

I'm up to the bit where it says "Create a report to discuss relevant legislations that apply to project management."

I can't find examples of anyone else's work online.

I have to discuss these six things:

Data protection, Copyright, Trading standards, Freedom of information, Rising taxes and Unemployment rates.

Any help?
xozxexo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Take each one that you have to discuss, define it, talk about the impacts, what it means for the business, the consequences of not following it, the advantages of the legislation, but keep linking it back to protect management and business etc.

For example with copyright legislation, you would essentially define the law. Say what it means for being project manager ( some being: must be aware of existing trademarks and encourage originality, creativity and being innovative to avoid this is issue) say what would happen if they weren't to follow it (keep giving consequences after the initial consequence) like legal action may be taken place resulting in the business being fined. The project manager, the one over seeing that project could face disciplinary consequences in extreme situations, lower businesses rep, means that the timing of such project will be out as they may have to start again, results in a financial loss and possible product delays.

Once you get the general idea what structure to follow it becomes a lot easier.

Also, you're better of typing in specific questions such as 'impacts of trading standards on businesses' and then use your general knowledge to expand and relate relate it back to project management.
CollegeStudent99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xozxexo)
Take each one that you have to discuss, define it, talk about the impacts, what it means for the business, the consequences of not following it, the advantages of the legislation, but keep linking it back to protect management and business etc.

For example with copyright legislation, you would essentially define the law. Say what it means for being project manager ( some being: must be aware of existing trademarks and encourage originality, creativity and being innovative to avoid this is issue) say what would happen if they weren't to follow it (keep giving consequences after the initial consequence) like legal action may be taken place resulting in the business being fined. The project manager, the one over seeing that project could face disciplinary consequences in extreme situations, lower businesses rep, means that the timing of such project will be out as they may have to start again, results in a financial loss and possible product delays.

Once you get the general idea what structure to follow it becomes a lot easier.

Also, you're better of typing in specific questions such as 'impacts of trading standards on businesses' and then use your general knowledge to expand and relate relate it back to project management.
Ok, thanks for the help.
xozxexo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No problem (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (11)
19.3%
Labour (28)
49.12%
Liberal Democrats (5)
8.77%
Green Party (5)
8.77%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (3)
5.26%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
1.75%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)