The Student Room Group

Withdraw

I haven't applied for loan yet, but I prefer to withdraw the course. I saw at university'site, I have to pay .... amount. I don't afford to pay this? What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't applied for loan yet, but I prefer to withdraw the course. I saw at university'site, I have to pay .... amount. I don't afford to pay this? What should I do?

You arent giving enough detail of relevant facts so we can understand whats happening.

Is this a uk university where you started and now wish to leave?
You should apply for the loan as this terms fees will need paying or are you expecting the uni to let you off?
If you dont then the uni will simply send debt collectors after you.
Reply 2
Hi, I came to the UK with marriage visa. Course leader advised me I can apply for loan as she saw my documents. University assessed me as a home student. Then, I applied for student finance (loan). But last week, I called student finance to find about my loan processes. They answered me, I must leave in the uk for 5 years and after applying for ILR, I will be eligible for student loans. Now I have to withdraw from the course. But I saw on my withdrawal application, I have to pay more than £2000. Now I don't know what should I do. It is not fair to pay this amount because of wrong advice. I'm not afford to pay this.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You arent giving enough detail of relevant facts so we can understand whats happening.

Is this a uk university where you started and now wish to leave?
You should apply for the loan as this terms fees will need paying or are you expecting the uni to let you off?
If you dont then the uni will simply send debt collectors after you.

Hi, I came to the UK with marriage visa. Course leader advised me I can apply for loan as she saw my documents. University assessed me as a home student. Then, I applied for student finance (loan). But last week, I called student finance to find about my loan processes. They answered me, I must leave in the uk for 5 years and after applying for ILR, I will be eligible for student loans. Now I have to withdraw from the course. But I saw on my withdrawal application, I have to pay more than £2000. Now I don't know what should I do. It is not fair to pay this amount because of wrong advice. I'm not afford to pay this.
Original post by Anonymous

The £2000 is from the university for fees?

Go and see the student advisor in the SU.

If your information was correct then they may have made a mistake when assessing you.

You should make a complaint after seeing the student advisor.

You can also ring UKCISA.
Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 between 1pm and 4pm (UK time) between Monday and Friday, except for public holidays.

Hard for me to comment as I still dont know enough details and it will take someone to interview you and see what evidence you have to make sense of things. If its only uni fees then I would complain on the basis you stated. Incorrectly assessed and then advice from course tutor.

Anyone on here or at sfe would say straight away you were unlikely to be entitled without ILR or UK/ EU citizenship. It also says so on the site.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
The £2000 is from the university for fees?

Go and see the student advisor in the SU.

If your information was correct then they may have made a mistake when assessing you.

You should make a complaint after seeing the student advisor.

You can also ring UKCISA.
Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 between 1pm and 4pm (UK time) between Monday and Friday, except for public holidays.

Hard for me to comment as I still dont know enough details and it will take someone to interview you and see what evidence you have to make sense of things. If its only uni fees then I would complain on the basis you stated. Incorrectly assessed and then advice from course tutor.

Anyone on here or at sfe would say straight away you were unlikely to be entitled without ILR or UK/ EU citizenship. It also says so on the site.

Thank you for your response. I will call. Also I am unhappy and sad, because my course leader hasn't replied my calls and emails yet. I complain informally. A manager sent email to her, but she told she is very busy and could not to answer me and reply my emails!!
She must be responsible for student who has problem. I have too much stress and I'm very unhappy because of her manner. Morally and legally, it's her duty and responsibility. But she doesn't care. I will complain against her. But now I have to sort this amount. I will complain. I don't know this forum's policy, can I mention her name and university's name or no?
Again, thanks a lot for your advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending