Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m a first year who has made friends within my course but they are all really close with people in their halls, whereas both of my other flat mates have dropped out so I’m living alone. I don’t live far from the uni and the only reason I moved out was to make friends after struggling to in high school and sixth form. My friends from my course are lovely but they all talk about house virwing with their flat mates but I obviously don’t have any flat mates to do that with. I’ve joined societies but can’t really afford to do any of the socials they’ve out on so far, and the other people living in my block are really hostile and keep themselves to themselves.
I’m just feeling like moving out for uni was a mistake and that I just always seem to struggle making proper friends.
It’d just be nice to have a friend and go for a coffee with, you know?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I think I almost shed a tear reading this

I'm sorry, I have no advice. But here have a hug

*hug*
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think I almost shed a tear reading this

I'm sorry, I have no advice. But here have a hug

*hug*
<3
dancehead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Forget your fellow students and go and meet Liverpool locals who are friendly
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dancehead)
Forget your fellow students and go and meet Liverpool locals who are friendly
i’m from Liverpool myself, I just moved into halls to make friends with new people
dancehead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah I see I'm sorry. Take up interests and hobbies that are social.
Roisin_x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m at Liverpool at feel the same x
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Why don’t all you Liverpool people go out together then. Problem solved...
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I finished my degree at Liverpool this summer, and I didn't have my solid group of friends (that I am in touch with now) until mid-2nd Year. As you can see from this thread, lots of people are in the same boat.

Just get yourself out there, and things will happen. I'm sure of it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Roisin_x)
I’m at Liverpool at feel the same
just private messaged you
Anonymous #1
Why don’t all you Liverpool people go out together then. Problem solved...
instead of coming on anonymous and being rude how about say it on your actual account or give some actual advice? nice one
pepper12913
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m a first year who has made friends within my course but they are all really close with people in their halls, whereas both of my other flat mates have dropped out so I’m living alone. I don’t live far from the uni and the only reason I moved out was to make friends after struggling to in high school and sixth form. My friends from my course are lovely but they all talk about house virwing with their flat mates but I obviously don’t have any flat mates to do that with. I’ve joined societies but can’t really afford to do any of the socials they’ve out on so far, and the other people living in my block are really hostile and keep themselves to themselves.
I’m just feeling like moving out for uni was a mistake and that I just always seem to struggle making proper friends.
Hiya, I was at Liverpool Hope uni last year and I totally understand how hard it is to make friends at university. People have different personalities so other people just click with others more easily. It could be a possibility if you don’t like the halls your living in right now to move to a different hall where there may be some nicer people to live with and get to know? It’s good that you’ve made friends with people on your course so just try and build those friendships up a bit further and I’m sure you’ll get closer to other people on your course. It’s still early days if you have only started uni this year and it can take a bit of time for things to feel like they’re falling into place. You don’t need to live with any people in houses next year (I did that this year and it didn’t go well so I’ve left hahah) you can apply to live in halls again. Just try and build up the friendships with people you already know and just try and be friendly and nice to anyone you come across
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
instead of coming on anonymous and being rude how about say it on your actual account or give some actual advice? nice one
There you go? And not sure how that was rude, sensitive soul aren’t you.
Alex_achilli
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pm me if you want (:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by pepper12913)
Hiya, I was at Liverpool Hope uni last year and I totally understand how hard it is to make friends at university. People have different personalities so other people just click with others more easily. It could be a possibility if you don’t like the halls your living in right now to move to a different hall where there may be some nicer people to live with and get to know? It’s good that you’ve made friends with people on your course so just try and build those friendships up a bit further and I’m sure you’ll get closer to other people on your course. It’s still early days if you have only started uni this year and it can take a bit of time for things to feel like they’re falling into place. You don’t need to live with any people in houses next year (I did that this year and it didn’t go well so I’ve left hahah) you can apply to live in halls again. Just try and build up the friendships with people you already know and just try and be friendly and nice to anyone you come across
hiya! sadly moving halls isn’t an option- my tenancy agreement doesn’t allow you to move out unless someone else takes over your tenancy (and within my halls it’s quite hard to get someone too) and even so i couldn’t afford it however i’ve told my course friends how i’m feeling and they’ve been lovely about it, we’re planning on doing something on monday and possibly going out on friday depending on if we can afford it hahahah. thank you for the advice!
pepper12913
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hiya! sadly moving halls isn’t an option- my tenancy agreement doesn’t allow you to move out unless someone else takes over your tenancy (and within my halls it’s quite hard to get someone too) and even so i couldn’t afford it however i’ve told my course friends how i’m feeling and they’ve been lovely about it, we’re planning on doing something on monday and possibly going out on friday depending on if we can afford it hahahah. thank you for the advice!
Ahhh I see, people were moving out all the time in my halls last year 😂I’m glad that your friends on your course helped you out, they sound like good people so sounds like you have some good mates there
jasmineo28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in the exact same situation and would love to make some friends at the Uni of Liverpool...
StrangeSupernova
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m at UoL and always looking to make friends
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jasmineo28)
I'm in the exact same situation and would love to make some friends at the Uni of Liverpool...
hey! pm me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jasmineo28)
just realised i’m still anonymous and can’t turn it off 😂 i’ll pm you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (371)
44.22%
No (89)
10.61%
I'm not old enough (379)
45.17%

Watched Threads