The Student Room Group

RAF Police and what can I get from it

I've applied for the RAF and have had a few setbacks, now I'm a bit confused as to my role, the role I thought I wanted (aircraft eng Av) isn't recruiting for a long time and I don't want to wait that long if I'm honest.
I've been looking into the police for a while even before I picked avionics but the thing that's making me rethink is that if I come out of the RAFP what can it lead to jobwise?
With most trades you can get apprenticeships which are valuable on civvy Street, but with the RAFP what do I get?
What transferable skills are there unless you want to go to the normal police?
Sorry in advance if this doesn't make sense
I'm actually looking into the raf police myself so this is of particular interest to me.
I'm not entirely sure of anything sorry but the advice I have been given is that it's a fast paced environment where you get different opportunities you would get with civilian police.
I have also been told that if you're already thinking what about when i leave the raf, then the raf isn't for you
Original post by hannkers
I've applied for the RAF and have had a few setbacks, now I'm a bit confused as to my role, the role I thought I wanted (aircraft eng Av) isn't recruiting for a long time and I don't want to wait that long if I'm honest.
I've been looking into the police for a while even before I picked avionics but the thing that's making me rethink is that if I come out of the RAFP what can it lead to jobwise?
With most trades you can get apprenticeships which are valuable on civvy Street, but with the RAFP what do I get?
What transferable skills are there unless you want to go to the normal police?
Sorry in advance if this doesn't make sense

Hi

As you've already stated, the civilian police would be the first option open to you. But there are security and defense contractors who look for qualified military and security personnel. Intelligence operation and cyber security firms and other areas that will become apparent once you're in the role, for example.

You should apply for a role you really want to do and are going to like and enjoy as you could be doing it for a long time, so it needs to be right for you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest