And_U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Currently, I'm on my 2nd-year biomedical science course (total of 3 years) in the UK.
The course contains only those units that are some kinda related to biology and chemistry (e.g., Biochemistry, immunology, anatomy, physiology and so on).
To be honest I just realised that I should also take physics as a required course for applying to medical school in the USA and some additionally require math (statistics and /or calculus) and English literature.
What could you recommend me to do?
Last edited by And_U; 11 months ago
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by And_U)
Currently, I'm on my 2nd-year biomedical science course (total of 3 years) in the UK.
The course contains only those units that are some kinda related to biology and chemistry (e.g., Biochemistry, immunology, anatomy, physiology and so on).
To be honest I just realised that I should also take physics as a required course for applying to medical school in the USA and some additionally require math (statistics and /or calculus) and English literature.
What could you recommend me to do?
I can't think of any way you slot degree level maths, English, etc into your biomed degree. UK and US degrees are very different. I would suggest you work to your strengths and think about how you can get into UK GEM.

Or you can ask here for further info:

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/
And_U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
[international Student] well I’m on my 2nd year of biomed sciences (3year total) in uk.
My course does not contain physics, math and English.
I’m planing to apply for community college in USA as a international student and study physics and at least English for 1 year, is that a good idea?
Or maybe there is a better way to apply to medical schools in USA with my biomed degree
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by And_U)
[international Student] well I’m on my 2nd year of biomed sciences (3year total) in uk.
My course does not contain physics, math and English.
I’m planing to apply for community college in USA as a international student and study physics and at least English for 1 year, is that a good idea?
Or maybe there is a better way to apply to medical schools in USA with my biomed degree
I honestly don't know, the medicine subforum is overwhelmingly used by UK students and doctors so we won't really know much about how medical admissions in other countries work.

What's wrong with applying to UK medical schools with your UK degree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.05%
I'm not sure (3)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (42)
32.56%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (59)
45.74%

Watched Threads