1st public hearing on Trump impeachment Watch

4moreyears
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Id like to hear some thoughts on the now public hearing on the Trump impeachment prceedings.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They know they've got a weak field against him.
People that hate him won't vote for him.
People that love him will vote for him.
For all the hatred and bile media pours on him he is polling higher than Romney did with women, Hispanics and Blacks.
Democrats get around 87% of the black vote they only need to see that drop below 80% and they could be toast. It's a worry for them.
The impeachment attempt even if it fails is hoped to smear him enough to get swing voters to reject him.
Of all Presidents in living memory he must be the most Marmite.
People that like him seem to adore him.
People who dislike him seem to loathe him with a fervour that can't be equaled.
It would almost be worth seeing him win just to see the levels of sheer manic lunacy it would push democratic voters to.
Having said that I genuinely think, in a country with more guns than people, where the media and their royalty (Hollywood) have been saying he is literally worse than Hitler and is going to be putting people in concentration camps, there is a real chance some lunatic will be pushed by the thought of 4 more years of him, into an assassination attempt.
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not worth the time, it's just the lefties putting up yet another production for the benefit of their congregation. Not following it at all, boring.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Most Americans, and by most i mean a very large percentage, dont care about politics and dont follow it any further than the headlines.
But they do care about fairness and they can see that Trump has been the target of a smear campaign since the day he won the election: even before he took office and that pisses them off. Which is why in the 24hr after Pelosi announed the hearings Trump received over 5mil in small dollar donations and since then contributions have been pouring in. Tens of thousands of which are new donars. Thats important because each one of those translates into a vote.
Whatever the strategy was behind begining an impeachment hearing this close to the election, it is blowing right back in their faces.
All those Americans who dont care about politics are being made to care about it because its all you see on the news. They still wont follow it any further than the headines and the are making it clear that the Dems are trying to railroad Trump out of office.
At the hearing on Wed. Rep. Jim Jordan
asked the first two witness called for the Dems what the impeachable offense was and neither could answer the question.
Im begining to see a real possibility that Pelosi wont even have enough votes to send it to the Senate for a trial.
That would be cool.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was never about actually going to the senate for a trial, because even if it does, it's republican controlled and they'll never vote for it.

This was about dogging him and the party for as long as possible.

All the evidence clearly points to an attempt to extort a foreign power to give him dirt on an election rival, and despite that being against the constitution, the right wing can portray that as 'protecting the country', the right wing base voters who only vote based on the thin veneer of appearances, will vote for the lunatic.

America has nobody to blame but their own obsession with vanity and superficial appearances.

He's not going to get impeached. He'll probably get censured, and that could well affect the election, as long as they leave it until late in 2020.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
(Original post by Just my opinion)
They know they've got a weak field against him.
People that hate him won't vote for him.
People that love him will vote for him.
For all the hatred and bile media pours on him he is polling higher than Romney did with women, Hispanics and Blacks.
Democrats get around 87% of the black vote they only need to see that drop below 80% and they could be toast. It's a worry for them.
The impeachment attempt even if it fails is hoped to smear him enough to get swing voters to reject him.
Of all Presidents in living memory he must be the most Marmite.
People that like him seem to adore him.
People who dislike him seem to loathe him with a fervour that can't be equaled.
It would almost be worth seeing him win just to see the levels of sheer manic lunacy it would push democratic voters to.
Having said that I genuinely think, in a country with more guns than people, where the media and their royalty (Hollywood) have been saying he is literally worse than Hitler and is going to be putting people in concentration camps, there is a real chance some lunatic will be pushed by the thought of 4 more years of him, into an assassination attempt.
I still cant believe Obama made it 8 years without someone taking a pot shot at him.
Could be not enough of us left who even care enough to take the shot.
Luna__
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As an American, living in one of the most liberal areas in the country, I can tell you it's been all over the news, but no one is really talking about it. The terms of impeaching a president are SUPER vague which is why it's so hard. I don't like some policies that he's pushed for, but I'd don't think he's done anything the Dems can get him out on. Let's just cross our fingers he doesn't get re elected, although if my applications go to plan, I won't be in the country for his entire second term.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
It was never about actually going to the senate for a trial, because even if it does, it's republican controlled and they'll never vote for it.

This was about dogging him and the party for as long as possible.

All the evidence clearly points to an attempt to extort a foreign power to give him dirt on an election rival, and despite that being against the constitution, the right wing can portray that as 'protecting the country', the right wing base voters who only vote based on the thin veneer of appearances, will vote for the lunatic.

America has nobody to blame but their own obsession with vanity and superficial appearances.

He's not going to get impeached. He'll probably get censured, and that could well affect the election, as long as they leave it until late in 2020.
Censure is not a future (or current) possibility.
The he electorate was told by the dems for two years that they had the goods on Trump. Impeachment was immanent. Nothing. It just slow fizzled out as the dems whistled and slowly backed out of it. Now this, which is worse because its over one phone call and only taking a few weeks to play out so the whole episode from start to finish can easily fit into the minds and short memories of the American people.
It's all or nothing now for the Dems. If they dont get rid of Trump with this sham and fail and THAN try to censure later on, they'll be run out of town. Not to mention out of congressional seats.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't think it will succeed. All it will do is provide a public hearing into allegations against him, and a form of campaigning for the Democrats.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It will ensure that people are at ease, I don’t like him but you have to admit he’s done wonders for America.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 4moreyears)
Censure is not a future (or current) possibility.
The he electorate was told by the dems for two years that they had the goods on Trump. Impeachment was immanent. Nothing. It just slow fizzled out as the dems whistled and slowly backed out of it. Now this, which is worse because its over one phone call and only taking a few weeks to play out so the whole episode from start to finish can easily fit into the minds and short memories of the American people.
It's all or nothing now for the Dems. If they dont get rid of Trump with this sham and fail and THAN try to censure later on, they'll be run out of town. Not to mention out of congressional seats.
All they need for a censure is to pass a resolution in the house. Easily possible once they decide that impeachment won't pass the senate.

He won't be impeached. Even though the evidence is damning - and enough to get a criminal conviction - he'll:
1- get a fall guy to go under the bus instead (Rudy),
2- get away with it because Rs won't vote for it.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luna__)
As an American, living in one of the most liberal areas in the country, I can tell you it's been all over the news, but no one is really talking about it. The terms of impeaching a president are SUPER vague which is why it's so hard. I don't like some policies that he's pushed for, but I'd don't think he's done anything the Dems can get him out on. Let's just cross our fingers he doesn't get re elected, although if my applications go to plan, I won't be in the country for his entire second term.
How could any American look at the economy and hope Trump doesnt get reelected? Because hes a little rough around the edges and doesnt use meely-mouthed politispeak when he answers a question?
Im 66 yrs old and can tell you Trump is the most productive president this country has had. By far.
If any Pres. deservers a 2nd term Trump does.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For possibly the most watchable explanation of why Trump won and why he is likely to win again, by one of the few talking heads that predicted all .......
https://youtu.be/FEXL5USuDGI

Victor Davis Hanson in interview.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Im 66 yrs old
I really hope that's not true, because otherwise your coming to a forum full of foreign kids is deeply sinister.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
I really hope that's not true, because otherwise your coming to a forum full of foreign kids is deeply sinister.
Maybe if you hope really hard and click your heels together some of those years will go away. I've tried with no results.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. Nothing says sinister like debating politics with somebody .
Heaven forbid those kids should hear opinions outside their bubble.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
Maybe if you hope really hard and click your heels together some of those years will go away. I've tried with no results.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. Nothing says sinister like debating politics with somebody .
Heaven forbid those kids should hear opinions outside their bubble.
I'm still waiting for the debate part, I'm just seeing single sided rhetoric and propaganda.
4moreyears
Rep:
?
For possibly the most watchable explanation of why Trump won and why he is likely to win again, by one of the few talking heads that predicted all .......
https://youtu.be/FEXL5USuDGI

Victor Davis Hanson in interview.
Just watched the Victor Davis Hanson link.
Great Stuff!!
Your right to attribute what the author has outlined as the reasons for Trumps victory. I said on these threads during the 2016 campaign that Trump would win if he ran.
Not so much because of promises he made, which he has kept and is working on the remainder, but because of the kind of man he was. He said he didnt care for politicians and its clear he still doesnt.
With Trump its all about getting the job done so he can check it off the list and get on to the next one.
Great Link. I m glad you posted it
Luna__
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How could any American look at the economy and hope Trump doesnt get reelected? Because hes a little rough around the edges and doesnt use meely-mouthed politispeak when he answers a question?
Im 66 yrs old and can tell you Trump is the most productive president this country has had. By far.
If any Pres. deservers a 2nd term Trump does.
A little rough is putting it lightly. I do agree with some of his ideas like how immigration policies need to be changed, but I don't like how he goes about them and the image he presents as our chief diplomat. I would prefer someone more eloquent and polite to be the face of the nation.
Also how can you say he's been the MOST productive. Have you forgotten about Regean, who pulled us out of the Depression, or how about Lincoln who literally reunited the country and ended slavery?
He has done things, but I think the most exciting things that have happened in his presidency are his unique ideas and the media freaking out about everything he does.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (7)
15.91%
Labour (23)
52.27%
Liberal Democrats (4)
9.09%
Green Party (4)
9.09%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
4.55%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.27%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)