The Student Room Group

How do Unis feel about GCSE Resits?

I did my GCSEs this year but didn’t exactly get the grades I wanted/needed. I didn’t fail but I had the option to resit my exams. I chose to resit due to Uni entry requirements but I’m not sure if Kings College, Imperial or UCL are tetchy about GCSE resits. I know imperial doesn’t accept A Level resits but what about GCSE? I really want to do medicine but because I got a 5 not a 7 in maths I knew it would be harder to get in without my A in maths. The rest of my GCSEs were fine but I’d just like some advice? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I can't say for definite but as long as you do well at a levels and get some extra curricular awards like doing a crest award, a research placement or something a long those lines I think a 5 will be plenty!
Reply 2
if you're concerned about getting into uni look to see if your area has a local Nuffield research program as they cover a lot of different fields in science and are a great thing to have on your UCAS application plus you can get a crest award from it!
GCSE resits are generally fine.

Just a couple of Uni's a call to check. They'll be able to tell you straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending